1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

loma linda

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by KatieJune, Sep 17, 2002.

1. KatieJune

KatieJune Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

can anyone give me the essay questions for the loma linda secondary? Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. cabruen

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
  4. Yogi Bear

Yogi Bear 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

are u required to send official transcripts to them as part of secondary? i think it's ridiculous if u do since amcas already verified it.

5. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, you have to send a transcript. Just another hoop to jump through.

6. cabruen

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    You only need to send them transcripts for classes that you have completed since you turned in your AMCAS application.

From the instructions...

It is your responsibility to provide our office with official transcripts for all course work attempted after completing your AMCAS application.

7. UCLAMAN

UCLAMAN Air Jordan Collector
    7+ Year Member

CABRUEN is correct. I interviewed there last year without sending them a copy of my transcripts.

8. Jet915

Jet915 Shi*ter's Rule
    10+ Year Member

Do you have to be religious to get into Loma Linda??? I know it probably helps, I'm not religious though, I'd call myself agnostic.........but I have pretty conservative moral values, beliefts, principles and tried to play that out in my secondary. Just wondering.......

Jetson

9. none

none 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

It doesn't probably help. It definitely helps. The bigger question than could you get in there is would you be happy. The vast majority of the students, if not all of them currently, are staunchly religious. Courses do come from a Christian perspective and chapel services are required weekly. That said, I personally believe it quite unlikely you'd get in. Some others may disagree.

10. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

You're also not allowed to drink or smoke? That was said in another thread, at least. I don't have a problem with the latter, but after those exams, a lot of people want to hit the bars...

11. poloace

poloace Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

yeah... i bet the dichotomoy there could be interesting in release of stress... i bet people just go at it.
    p

12. tedstriker

tedstriker wicked retahhded
    10+ Year Member

And pretty much the whole town shuts down Friday night to Saturday night, from what I understand (the whole Seventh Day Adventist thing)...

None is really on target. Ask yourself if you'd be happy in such an environment.