loneliness

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

davril

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anyone know if you can take your significant other (not married) and dog down to some of these school? (st. george's and american university)

Members don't see this ad.

You can, but bring lots of $$$$$$$$$. What school are you looking into? Housing for a single student @ SGU will run you about $1500 plus $600 air conditioning fee. Housing for married couples is quoted to be about $3000 + $1150 ac fee. Pretty big difference. Best of luck to you.

how bad do you need air conditioning? is it like the south where it is hot and humid and there is no way you can be comfortable in july outside in the heat of the day.

Members don't see this ad :)
i have a billion questions to ask if someone has the time. i'm a chiropractor of 3 yrs and am interested in continuing my education further. i've seen some appealing adds from offshore schools that will accept my chiropractic credits for basic sciences (all basic sciences were taken before and during chiropractic college. the offer states that i can do clinicals in the US and then on to my residencies. my questions are, do i need USMLE I before clinicals? where can i do clinicals at, anywhere the school says ok or does it depend on the state or individual hospital? can you do clinicals in your friendly neighborhood family practitioner? i want to go into FP, GP, do i need to do a residency? what is the difference between a clinical, internship, and clerkship? anyone!

DAVRIL: You DO need air. AUC is on St Martin which is a safer island for family. I can tell you a lot on AUC as my wife just finished 5th semester there.
JUDD: Please consider ONLY AUC or St George or Ross. None of these will give you any credit. You will have licensing probs if you take any credit. You must pass USMLE before any clinicals in US. You must go where school sends you. ie. if you have 4-years and approx $120,000 (all can be loans) then go for it. You may call me weekends @ home in Houston, 281-554-4524 with any questions.
Good luck to you both,
Andre

andre,

$120,000 would only put me in the hole of a total- $210,000, plus interest. the reason i like the idea of the appealing adds are that i'm here, i can keep my practice going (granted a lot of time off for clinicals). i know for a fact that it is up to any and all schools unergrad, or professional to accept or reject previous credits from anywhere the want. anyway if i say go to St.G then want to transfer to AUC, can i or not and why would a school advertise YOUR LOCATION CHOICE FOR CLINICALS if you had to go where they tell you. they are also saying only need to go down there for ? weeks then come back to US for clinicals, I've heard this is common, but how common. i'm in PA, the licensing board said they would give me a license if i went to a none ACME accredited school. please reply.

thanks for your comments

JUDD:
I am sorry but I have to be blunt:
You are NOT getting the message..
I am telling that you have to attend, FULL TIME 5 semesters (1.5 years) either on Grenada, or St Martin.
Then you must go where they have an opening.. any city in USA. Most IMG's travel to a few cities to complete all 5 core clinicals. Then you arrange another year of electives.
They tell you several hospitals they are affiliated with, but it is NEVER your pick.
Remember, as IMG's we are 2nd class (until we prove ourselves at residency) hence you go the clinicals when/where they are available.
I can guarantee you some will be in NY or IL, and NEVER in PA.
I suggest you SELL your practice, as you will not have time for it for a minimum of (4) years!!
Wake up and smell the coffee, please.
Call/e-mail for further discussion.
[email protected]