Long And Short term Disability with independent contractor. recommendations

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bananas85

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am switching from a w2 job with benefits to 1099. Can you guys recommend me some solid company or agents that sell disability insurance. Ideally, I would prefer both short and long term disability, incase I was disabled for < 12 weeks (surgeries) or > 12 weeks such as in permanent disability.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
My generic advice is to find an independent agent, don't go to somewhere like State Farm or Aflac as they are limited in the products they can sell. An independent agent can get quotes from every company out there and as a result will usually be able to get the best product at the best price.

Reactions: 1 user
I am switching from a w2 job with benefits to 1099. Can you guys recommend me some solid company or agents that sell disability insurance. Ideally, I would prefer both short and long term disability, incase I was disabled for < 12 weeks (surgeries) or > 12 weeks such as in permanent disability.
There are a number of reps around so the question you need to answer first is if you want someone local that sits down with you or does a phone call work just fine for your schedule?