Long distance relationship during FM residency?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NRAI2001

3K Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So this Friday was kinda bitter-sweet. I found out I matched at a really really good FM program in Cali and I was really happy but I was kinda pretty sad also because my wife is actually a resident in a residency program about 6 hours away from my future program.

Is there any advice you guys can offer? Any options available to us? One of my friends recommended "resident-swap" but it might be too early for me to consider that since I haven't even begun yet... and who knows it may just work out with minimal difficulty?? But I anticipate it will be pretty difficult because we've been together for 8 years and never been apart during this time.

Thanks guys... again its bitter-sweet. I m so grateful to have matched at a really awesome program but my wife and I have been kinda bummed about the distance.

Members don't see this ad.

Do most FM programs allow for many weekends off? I like to drive and I m use to driving far and a 5-6 hour drive on a Friday wouldn't be bad if I had a weekend off?

Status
Not open for further replies.