Long Island University Fall 2012 Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LJ265PHARMD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread for LIU applicants for fall 2012 admission so I decided to make a thread.

Anyone else applying here?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Yup....that's the only school I'm applying to....submitted my pharmcas november 28....got a pretty strong application so hopefully that's a good sign.

Yup....that's the only school I'm applying to....submitted my pharmcas november 28....got a pretty strong application so hopefully that's a good sign.

That's great! Good luck to you :)

I applied 11/01 and called in on Monday (12/05) to check confirmation. I'll post here if I hear anything about an interview.

Members don't see this ad :)

I applied 11/01 and called in on Monday (12/05) to check confirmation. I'll post here if I hear anything about an interview.
How did you guys mail in the credentials ?
This is what i got in the email saying :

"To complete your application requirements please be sure to send the $40 non-refundable application fee along with all application credentials ??

Do we just send them a cover page and a $40.00 ??

Thanks in advance..

How did you guys mail in the credentials ?
This is what i got in the email saying :

"To complete your application requirements please be sure to send the $40 non-refundable application fee along with all application credentials ??

Do we just send them a cover page and a $40.00 ??

Thanks in advance..

Yea you just send the cover page so that they can match it with your application and the 40 dollar money order or check. You don't send anything else since everything needed is in the pharmcas application.

By the way, since I submitted on november 28, I just got verified yesterday and my application will be sent to the school on the next mailing cycle.

Thanks :) I heard they start giving interview invites to students starting january and I don't know how since the deadline is january 5th but my friend who works in the admission office told me that. So maybe you should expect an interview invite soon then :)

Yea you just send the cover page so that they can match it with your application and the 40 dollar money order or check. You don't send anything else since everything needed is in the pharmcas application.

By the way, since I submitted on november 28, I just got verified yesterday and my application will be sent to the school on the next mailing cycle.

I submitted my supplemental to them on 11/01 the day after I e-submitted my PharmCAS (11/01). When I called in 2 weeks ago after my pharmCAS was processed and mailed out the lady on the phone just gave me a confirmation number for my supplement materials. I did not send in the $40 since in the email confirmation I received it said: "Applicants to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) program do not need to send any application credentials/fee to the Office of Admissions. All application credentials must be submitted through the PharmCAS website only."

Thanks :) I heard they start giving interview invites to students starting january and I don't know how since the deadline is january 5th but my friend who works in the admission office told me that. So maybe you should expect an interview invite soon then :)

Hopefully we both hear back soon! :)

Thank you

I submitted my supplemental to them on 11/01 the day after I e-submitted my PharmCAS (11/01). When I called in 2 weeks ago after my pharmCAS was processed and mailed out the lady on the phone just gave me a confirmation number for my supplement materials. I did not send in the $40 since in the email confirmation I received it said: "Applicants to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) program do not need to send any application credentials/fee to the Office of Admissions. All application credentials must be submitted through the PharmCAS website only."

Hopefully we both hear back soon! :)

Wait so what's the point of mailing anything to them then? The supplemental application is processed and submitted online. So are we just going to send a cover page? What's the point of that?

The email I received automatically once I submitted the LIU supplemental says this: Pharmacy Applicants (professional phase only):
Applicants to the Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D) program do not need to send application credentials to the Office of Admissions. All application credentials must be submitted through the PharmCAS website only. �Test scores should be sent electronically to Long Island University. Please note: Pharmacy is a Fall entry program.

It makes sense to send in the money since there would be no point of mailing anything if there is no money fee required.

I will call to confirm as well!

Wait so what's the point of mailing anything to them then? The supplemental application is processed and submitted online. So are we just going to send a cover page? What's the point of that?

I will call to confirm as well!

Def give them a call. I called them twice but believe it or not I still wasn't able to get a clear idea of what to send. The lady on the phone seemed very agitated from the first "hello" and surprised that the email said we didn't have to pay a fee. I emailed them twice as well: the first time was the day I sent out my supplement (11/02): no response. The second time (last night) because I saw that people on SDN were sending in the fee so I sent a paragraph explaining my previous correspondence and got a one line reply: "The email states that PharmD Professional phase applicants do NOT have to send the fee."

All I want from them is to confirm on the phone or via email that: yes we have your supplement materials and no you don't need to send a fee. Just a little frustrated because all the other schools (14 others) have been very quick and clear about this kind of stuff.

Your Not the only one, out of all the 16 schools i applied to,this is the only school that won't tell you if they got your supplement app, or answer any questions directly, i spoke to about 8 people in total, they were all rude, and told me to call PHARMCAS..... unbelieveable. (so there is no way you can know for sure if they got your file or if your missing anything). So i dont even know if i should send out the $40 or even if i need to.....

Your Not the only one, out of all the 16 schools i applied to,this is the only school that won't tell you if they got your supplement app, or answer any questions directly, i spoke to about 8 people in total, they were all rude, and told me to call PHARMCAS..... unbelieveable. (so there is no way you can know for sure if they got your file or if your missing anything). So i dont even know if i should send out the $40 or even if i need to.....

I feel your pain. Have you heard back from any of your other schools?

If anyone has been accepted to this school, please let me know so you can be added to the Official Roll Call for Class of 2015/2016. Please post in the sticky thread your acceptances and the program you will be attending (if accepted to multiple schools).

Here is the link to the sticky thread:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=847419

:):thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone get an interview invite yet?

No....I heard that most people get the interview invites starting march. I have bunch of friends who currently attend there. Few people have gotten interview in january but they applied so early!

i recently called them to verify if they have all my info and the lady said that they got everything including my pharmcas and transcripts but NOT my letters of recc! WTH? Isn't the letters of rec sent along with the pharmcas? But the lady told me to not worry about it. I don't trust them. :mad:

i recently called them to verify if they have all my info and the lady said that they got everything including my pharmcas and transcripts but NOT my letters of recc! WTH? Isn't the letters of rec sent along with the pharmcas? But the lady told me to not worry about it. I don't trust them. :mad:

That's why LIU sucks. They don't call you to tell you if something is missing....you have to check by yourself. And most times, you have to go in person when the lines are almost always out of the door. Total garbage and expensive for no reason. I'm only applying to it because it's the closest to my home but I will apply to SUNY buffalo too!

My best advice is to call PharmCas and inform them of what the lady said and see what they say.

That's why LIU sucks. They don't call you to tell you if something is missing....you have to check by yourself. And most times, you have to go in person when the lines are almost always out of the door. Total garbage and expensive for no reason. I'm only applying to it because it's the closest to my home but I will apply to SUNY buffalo too!

My best advice is to call PharmCas and inform them of what the lady said and see what they say.

Out of all the pharmacy schools that I applied, LIU is my first choice and its so hard to communicate with them. I'll try calling pharmcas! thanks

I just got an interview invite!

My brother just got one in the email today as well....he submitted PharmCas on December 2nd which is pretty late but he is an LIU student. Are you LIU student or transfer?

Hi everyone,
I applied to LIU as well. For those of you who got interview invites, when are your interview dates? Do you guys know when they stop mailing interview invites? Also for those of you who applied, what were your GPAs and credentials?

Hi everyone,
I applied to LIU as well. For those of you who got interview invites, when are your interview dates? Do you guys know when they stop mailing interview invites? Also for those of you who applied, what were your GPAs and credentials?

My brother got a 14 day period from today to register for an interview day. They didn't give him a specific date (how cool!) And don't worry, they stop interviews at the end of march so there is still a lot of time left. I talked directly with the dean of LIU and she personally told me not to worry and that my chance is very good. My GPA is 4.0 with 92 credits and PCAT composite 79 % with a lot of research, tutoring, and pharmacy experience. I'm also a transfer student.

By the way, why LIU thread is the smallest? I thought it's a pretty well known at least in NYC and the northeast. Why touro got like 4 pages of people when it's not that famous and just got accredited recently.

My brother got a 14 day period from today to register for an interview day. They didn't give him a specific date (how cool!) And don't worry, they stop interviews at the end of march so there is still a lot of time left. I talked directly with the dean of LIU and she personally told me not to worry and that my chance is very good. My GPA is 4.0 with 92 credits and PCAT composite 79 % with a lot of research, tutoring, and pharmacy experience. I'm also a transfer student.

Hey I got an email for interview invite as well , I tried signing up for an interview in the link they sent in the email i kept a suitable date and time but when I click register the system keeps telling me that am already registered for an interview idk why it saying that.
Did ur brother see that too or is it only with me ?

Hey I got an email for interview invite as well , I tried signing up for an interview in the link they sent in the email i kept a suitable date and time but when I click register the system keeps telling me that am already registered for an interview idk why it saying that.
Did ur brother see that too or is it only with me ?

My brother has the same issue.....call them tomorrow to fix the mistake....by the way congrats! hoping to receive mine soon!

My brother just got one in the email today as well....he submitted PharmCas on December 2nd which is pretty late but he is an LIU student. Are you LIU student or transfer?

I submitted my pharmcas around the same time too. I'm a LIU student but I go to the CW post campus in long island.

My brother has the same issue.....call them tomorrow to fix the mistake....by the way congrats! hoping to receive mine soon!

I just called Liu because I was having the same problem, they said it would be fixed by 5.

I submitted my pharmcas around the same time too. I'm a LIU student but I go to the CW post campus in long island.

You should receive interview invite soon then, best of luck :)

I just called Liu because I was having the same problem, they said it would be fixed by 5.

Thanks for letting me know :) And congrats on the interview, hopefully you will rock it :xf:

For those of you that got the interview, are you all liu students? Because I'm not and I'm still patiently and desperately waiting for my interview invitation.

For those of you that got the interview, are you all liu students? Because I'm not and I'm still patiently and desperately waiting for my interview invitation.

I'm not LIU student either and I'm still waiting for an interview....I heard they give interviews to their students first but rest assured, there are 50 seats available for transfer students. So you gotta be in the top 50 students out of a thousand if not more to get an interview.

I'm not LIU student either and I'm still waiting for an interview....I heard they give interviews to their students first but rest assured, there are 50 seats available for transfer students. So you gotta be in the top 50 students out of a thousand if not more to get an interview.

Wow only 50 students??! That seems awfully competitive. I believe that liu accepts around 200+ students to every class so I guess that means that a majority of seats are given to liu students. My gpa and pcat scores aren't that fab. I think my dreams of getting in liu is broken :(

Wow only 50 students??! That seems awfully competitive. I believe that liu accepts around 200+ students to every class so I guess that means that a majority of seats are given to liu students. My gpa and pcat scores aren't that fab. I think my dreams of getting in liu is broken :(

I'm pretty sure there are only 50 seats for transfer students. I think it is mentioned in their website as well. Well, they gotta give preference to their own students, it's their right. But don't worry, one of my own friends is actually working in the admissions office and she said that a lot of students this year have really bad stats so you might have a shot, don't give up.

I'm pretty sure there are only 50 seats for transfer students. I think it is mentioned in their website as well. Well, they gotta give preference to their own students, it's their right. But don't worry, one of my own friends is actually working in the admissions office and she said that a lot of students this year have really bad stats so you might have a shot, don't give up.

Oh ok thanks for the tip! One more question, I have been receiving regular emails from LIU to attend their informational sessions that talk about their pharmacy program and whatnot. I was just wondering why they are sending me these emails if I already applied to their program. Please let me know if you are receiving the same emails as me. I'm kinda concerned about this because I think if they knew I already applied why would they need to send on-campus invitations? Does this mean they don't have my pharmcas application hence they don't know that I'm applying this year?? Please any input on this would be great!

Oh ok thanks for the tip! One more question, I have been receiving regular emails from LIU to attend their informational sessions that talk about their pharmacy program and whatnot. I was just wondering why they are sending me these emails if I already applied to their program. Please let me know if you are receiving the same emails as me. I'm kinda concerned about this because I think if they knew I already applied why would they need to send on-campus invitations? Does this mean they don't have my pharmcas application hence they don't know that I'm applying this year?? Please any input on this would be great!

I also keep receiving those emails and was wondering the same thing! I've called in and they gave me a verification code that my application was received so I don't really understand why I'm getting the "apply to LIU" emails either :shrug:

I also keep receiving those emails and was wondering the same thing! I've called in and they gave me a verification code that my application was received so I don't really understand why I'm getting the "apply to LIU" emails either :shrug:

What phone number did you contact them at that they gave you a verification code?

Only 50 spots for transfer students? I got an interview on Feb but I'm not LIU student. You made me scare :(

It is nice to know that I am not the only one getting these emails.

what exactly is a verification code? do you only get it if you call LIU directly? Or is it necessary that we have that code?

Only 50 spots for transfer students? I got an interview on Feb but I'm not LIU student. You made me scare :(

Congrats on getting the interview! When did you submitted your pharmcas? May I also ask your stats?

Wait you are not LIU student and already got interview invite? When did you submit your application? BTW congrats...it shows you are in the top 50 of transfer students :D

I receive these emails as well. I think it is their computer that just send it to students in their system. I can't imagine a person working there just sends an email to each student and check to see if the student is already applying to them or not. That would be hard work, I imagine. Give them a call and see if your application is there just to be rest assured. But dont worry about these emails

Congrats on getting the interview! When did you submitted your pharmcas? May I also ask your stats?

Wait you are not LIU student and already got interview invite? When did you submit your application? BTW congrats...it shows you are in the top 50 of transfer students :D

Thank you...I really hope so because I don't want to waste the airline ticket.I submitted the application through PharmCAS around September, but my PCAT score was available until the end of Oct. I don't remember exactly when I filled out the supplemental for LIU; I think around November.

I don't know if anyone else who not LIU student got the interview as well and do anyone know what's kind of question that they will ask? Tks

Thank you...I really hope so because I don't want to waste the airline ticket.I submitted the application through PharmCAS around September, but my PCAT score was available until the end of Oct. I don't remember exactly when I filled out the supplemental for LIU; I think around November.

I don't know if anyone else who not LIU student got the interview as well and do anyone know what's kind of question that they will ask? Tks

One of my friends got accepted last year and he said that they asked these questions as far as I remember: Why pharmacy? What are your weaknesses? What are your strengths? Why should we pick you? What would you do if you see your friend cheating on a lab report or exam?

That's as far I remember. I will report back when I know more questions.

I receive these emails as well. I think it is their computer that just send it to students in their system. I can't imagine a person working there just sends an email to each student and check to see if the student is already applying to them or not. That would be hard work, I imagine. Give them a call and see if your application is there just to be rest assured. But dont worry about these emails

I see. Thanks for confirming this with me! I will give them a call! Thanks!

One of my friends got accepted last year and he said that they asked these questions as far as I remember: Why pharmacy? What are your weaknesses? What are your strengths? Why should we pick you? What would you do if you see your friend cheating on a lab report or exam?

That's as far I remember. I will report back when I know more questions.

Thank you, it is very helpful for me. Btw, do you know is that one on one interview rite?