long lost SDN'r ..........

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

slptodoc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey friends,
It's been a long time since I signed on..... mainly because my pursuit of med school has been put on hold.....

After Sept. 11th I seemed to loose steam in my desire to study (my husband was on his way to the Pentagon when it was hit...)... Then we had 2 deaths in our family between Nov and Dec..... it made me really think about my priorities.........

I have decided that for me, putting my husband first and continuing in my current career as a medical speech pathologist is the best thing for me right now......

I just wanted to sign back on and let you know that the tremendous support and advice that you guys offered was appreciated more than you'll ever know!

It's been great supporting and interacting with you guys! and I'm so proud and excited for all of you who have received the good news! :D

For those of you who are just starting or those trying again, I sincerely wish you the best of luck! Hang in there and use this network to help you stay focused!

I will check in every once in a while.....just in case anyone has any questions I might be able to answer from my medical experience! :)
Luckily, I have a great career already and the docs I work with, treat me like a peer....... so
I've got it pretty good right now....and I'm thankful!

Well, I'll quit rambling....
Thanks again SDN!! You are great friends!

Take care,
L :)

Members don't see this ad.

Nice to hear from you! I'm sorry to hear about the rough time you've been having. You sound like you've got a handle on it, though. That's wonderful. Take care and don't be a stranger!!

hi ATC2MD,
thanks for replying! ya, things were really rough last semester!

But, life is good right now and I feel very content with my "hold" on med school...

I haven't given up, but I have had a couple of new opportunities pass my way....
For example, one of the GI docs that I work with, one who wrote one of my letters of recommendation, asked me if I would be interested in starting a "swallowing center" with him...... I do lot's of radiology studies and endoscopies right now for patient's c/ dysphagia (swallowing disorders....)
so anyway, that might be a great move for me...... we'll see....
Anyway, hope you're doing well!
Good luck with your MD pursuit! :)
L

Members don't see this ad :)
Glad to have you back! Sorry about everything... I know what you mean, I was to go to NYC a few weeks after 9-11 for an interview... put that on hold for a couple months. I know that doesn't compare to what you've been through, but after 9-11, I was profoudly shaken. But the only way we can fight terrorism is to not let terrorism stop us from living our lives. Anyway, hope you consider re-applying next year. peace

hey moo, good to hear back from you too! Ya, you're right about moving on and not letting those events stop us!
As I said, I haven't given up, just putting things on hold for now!
Hope you're doing well! Have you been accepted??? Forgive me, I can't remember where you were at in the process.....
Anyway, good luck and I'll keep thinking good thoughts for all of you guys!
L3 :)

Hey slp!

I was happy to see your post. Your decision to take a step back sounds like a great one. You sound happy and satisfied right now! Sometimes it's nice to just slow things down and really take the time to appreciate what you have.

Youv'e got a great career, great opportunitiues, and a hubby to hang out with. Enjoy those things now. Med school will be there next year, and the year after that. When the bug bites you again, you'll be refreshed, happy, and rarin' to go. Thans for checking in!

hi racergirl,
thanks for the reply! things are good right now...
In fact, they're GREAT! My boss called me in and told me the hospital decided to give me a pretty hefty raise!
WOW! I almost fell off my chair! It came out of the blue....although, I think a couple of my good doc friends helped encourage it!
My boss told me that they "don't want to lose me.." That's the first time in 5 years I've heard that from my boss....
I just got back from celebrating with a few friends! :D
Hope you're doing well!
CHEERS!
L