Long or short hair

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

For the ladies: What length is your hair

• Short

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Long

Votes: 54 70.1%

• Total voters
I agree with the posts that say that long hair is easy. My hair is several inches below my bra strap in the back. I have it cut so that if I am going out at night w/my husband, I can make it look really nice. But on a daily basis, for regular class, labs, or going to the doctor's offices, I just put it up in a ponytail or in a large clip. I leave my house with my hair wet every day. I live about 20 minutes away from school and it is usually dry shortly after I arrive to class. I live in Florida so never have to worry about leaving the house with wet hair on a frigid day. When I need to put my hair in a surgical cap, I will opt for the bun. I don't do anything more with my hair on a daily basis. Oh, I do need to sleep with my hair in a French Braid to keep from rolling over on it all night long, and getting myself stuck. But that's fine w/me.

Oh, and OMM lab----my hair is in a ponytail, and I just push it out of the way when needed.

Members don't see this ad.

I agree that long is the way to go. I think I will have to pull it back for the Navy and for many classes but I like it long so I can have it down when I want to. By long I mean it's almost down to my waist. I think I may cut it for the locks for love in a year or so after a wedding I'm suposed to be in.

Long and brown, no bangs, no layers... been like that since... birth??

Primarily this is a laziness issue... ponytails, and bball caps... ponytails and no bball caps. it seems like my friends are constantly growing bangs out, needing bangs cut, or their hairdo needs an expensive update every few weeks... not to mention all the "products' they have to use.

every six months or so i have my mom cut it... i take a shower, brush it out, part down the middle, straight down my back, put a towel around my shoulders, mom brushes it some more, and we stand out on the back patio and THEN we go through the whole "how much do you want chopped off" ritual.

Mom: How much?
CoverMe: 4 inches.
Mom: Show me with your fingers how big you mean by four inches.

HA!! She's a really great seamstress, so she has a pretty exact idea of what certain measurements are... invariably mine are different from hers and that has caused issues... so now she makes me show her.

Then she snip snip snips STRAIGHT across (not curved, i don't like that). She brushes it again, looks for "escapees" that didn't get cut the first time. Steps back to make sure it's level, then she goes back inside while i sweep up the bits of chopped off hair so they don't make a mess.

No one else has EVER cut my hair... and i'm 30!!!!!!!!!!

Think it's time to change?!?!?!?!?