1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Longhorns Name Hijacked By Mightymouse

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by bubblywatr, Nov 8, 2002.

1. bubblywatr

bubblywatr Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

To all of those concerned:

Mightlymouse, longhorn, and I are all biochemistry lab partners at UT-Austin. Recently we were studying for an exam in Mightymouse's lab during which longhorn logged onto SDN. He failed to logout. Mightymouse has been subsequently using his name to post outrageous remarks about others. Jot and longhorn are good friends and are actually getting together in NYC soon to hang out.

Please excuse mightymouse, he stupidly thinks this forum is just a joke since he is already into medschool. For the rest of our sakes, I hope we can keep this forum as constructive as it has been in the past.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. bubblywatr

bubblywatr Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

4. Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member

yes, I read your post.

Explain this: if supposedly you claim that MightMouse took over Longhorn's name, how is it that both the names have different a different IP?

5. longhorn

longhorn Membership Revoked
    Removed

Tweetie,

This is the real Longhorn. MY friend(mightymouseal) thinks he is funny. If you want the real deal PM Jot. WE are good friends and I told him what happened. Sorry about all this!!! Just look at the amount of posts I have. Why would I suddenly start acting dumb one day.

6. bubblywatr

bubblywatr Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

tweety. my guess is that mightymouse is using two different computers both in his lab. i would guess the IPs both originate from the UT-Austin campus and vary little. longhorn is currently in houston and i using an off campus computer as i'm sure you can tell from longhorns most recent post and my posts.

7. bulldog

bulldog Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

they can be different if the computer is logged on using a dynamic ip address (aol dialup, netzero, earthlink, etc.) on the other hand, a static ip address only occurs w/ ethernet connections such as school's computers, cable, dsl, etc.

8. Random Access

Random Access 1K Member
    7+ Year Member

For the record, a lot of cable modems use DHCP (Time Warner does, but I think Comcast is static), but if you keep your machine on constantly, it'll keep the same IP.

If you need IP consultation, Tweetie, let me know. ;)