Look at my stats/chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

roudyreptile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I am a 3rd year going into 4th year UF transfer student. I transfered from a CC last year with a overall gpa of about 3.5. I have been in school for a while just kinda not knowing what i wanted to do. I have been sure about the dental field for a while now and have done really well at CC and at UF. Though before I had not been a very good student and got a few W's early on. I am 25 now can only need a few more classes to graduate from uf.

I have about about a 3.7 science GPA , a 3.73 UF GPA and a 3.5 overall for a grand total of 130 credits (like i said i didnt know what to do for a while). I plan to take the DAT in a few months and will start studying soon. I predict i will get between a 18-21 with a 19 be very likely. I havent done much volunteering or anything yet but plan to do alot over the summer along with finding some research.

So what do you guys think/suggest about my chances?

Oh yeah btw i messed up in biochem this semester and i am going to have to drop or take a C. At the same time this C will effect my 2 other science classes (genetics and Inorganic chem) could cause 2 B+ instead of two A's. I should def drop right?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sorry but you can't predict your DAT scores, esp. if you haven't even studied yet...

Good luck though!

Hey I am a 3rd year going into 4th year UF transfer student. I transfered from a CC last year with a overall gpa of about 3.5. I have been in school for a while just kinda not knowing what i wanted to do. I have been sure about the dental field for a while now and have done really well at CC and at UF. Though before I had not been a very good student and got a few W's early on. I am 25 now can only need a few more classes to graduate from uf.

I have about about a 3.7 science GPA , a 3.73 UF GPA and a 3.5 overall for a grand total of 130 credits (like i said i didnt know what to do for a while). I plan to take the DAT in a few months and will start studying soon. I predict i will get between a 18-21 with a 19 be very likely. I havent done much volunteering or anything yet but plan to do alot over the summer along with finding some research.

So what do you guys think/suggest about my chances?

Oh yeah btw i messed up in biochem this semester and i am going to have to drop or take a C. At the same time this C will effect my 2 other science classes (genetics and Inorganic chem) could cause 2 B+ instead of two A's. I should def drop right?

Get a 22 and you'll be a shoe-in at UFCD

Members don't see this ad :)
Even if you get an 18 on the DAT, you can get in somewhere as long as you're not picky. Just apply early and get all your ducks in a row.

I think you stink, you should just give up and go into the fastfood industry. j/k
My advice would be to spend more time studying, and whatever you do don't try to bring a 40oz into thompson prometric testing center. j/k excep the studying part.

i also screwed up first year, re-took a few courses, got a few W's, and P/F'd biochem since i didn't want to D showing. my gpa was a bit lower than yours and my DAT was a bit higher that average. i got a bunch of interviews and acceptances so my guess is that you'll be fine as long as you do decently well on the DAT. however, you should also definitely do more shadowing

your community college past is going to catch up with you, sorry

Hey thanks for all the responces, except the last guy he was dick.

I did end up dropping biochem I really hope this doesn't effect me as bad as the ugly C would of. I will get an A over summer with the same professor. I have starting studying for DAT but have finals in a couple weeks so I am mostly focused on that.

A shoe in for UFCD would be awesome but a 22 is pretty high. I will start scanning this site more often and try to get as much info as i can.

A question about studying though:

I have a ton of MCAT stuff from my GF mostly kaplan would it be good to use that along with the Kaplan dat book? Its the same material so I dont think it will be much of a problem? Not sure why I am really asking LOL, guess i need to get my post count up!