Lookin for an Apt near PCOM....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RuDownWithOPP

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys... how is everyone doing with their search for housing for this fall? I’m just starting to look now, but I really don’t know where to start. I want to find a one or two bedroom apt, something that’s close to campus, preferably less than a 15 minute commute by car. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ACCEPTED PCOM 2010!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

RuDownWithOPP said:
Hey guys... how is everyone doing with their search for housing for this fall? I’m just starting to look now, but I really don’t know where to start. I want to find a one or two bedroom apt, something that’s close to campus, preferably less than a 15 minute commute by car. Can anyone offer suggestions?

Thanks for your help!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE ACCEPTED PCOM 2010!!!!

I'm moving out of a great 1br in a converted mansion about 2 mins from PCOM next month. Rent is cheap only 540/m. + utils. whitch usually comes out to about 600-615. This is a great deal for the area. You cant find a studio for this price. Great neiborhood too, minute from fairmont park. If anyones interested PM me. Move in date would be MAy 1.

And Congrats!

I found a place at the Greenbriar Club. However, I am not sure where I am going yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
I found a great place for rent by looking in the local paper. Manyunk has some great deals and I hear from those PCOMers who live there it is only a ten minute drive to PCOM on a bad day. I would highly suggest this area. The places close to PCOM rip tenets off big time.

The closer you live to campus it seems to be a little more expensive. There are about 4-5 apartment complexes within walking distance, but again a little pricer. I pay $760 a month(all utilities included, just pay for my phone) for a studio, but am about half a mile from campus so save alot on gas. If you go onto the PCOM site I believe they have a list of all the local apartment complexes.

We have an opening in our apt: 2 males looking for a 3rd. Rent ~450 utilities included, walking distance from school. If I write anymore they will move this thread to the classifieds.

Log onto the PCOM Nucleus Housing group and read our post, among others.

BklynWill said:
We have an opening in our apt: 2 males looking for a 3rd. Rent ~450 utilities included, walking distance from school. If I write anymore they will move this thread to the classifieds.

Log onto the PCOM Nucleus Housing group and read our post, among others.

Do you allow large dogs?

USArmyDoc said:
Do you allow large dogs?

Just for reference, Im taking a dog too, and I looked into Greenbriar. They allow pets, and I have heard that there are quite a few others.

notnarcsDO said:
Just for reference, Im taking a dog too, and I looked into Greenbriar. They allow pets, and I have heard that there are quite a few others.

Yea, I looked at Greenbriar. As of right now, thats where I will be staying. Hes a puppy right now and probably will be 9 months when we get there. He rocks! :)

USArmyDoc said:
Yea, I looked at Greenbriar. As of right now, thats where I will be staying. Hes a puppy right now and probably will be 9 months when we get there. He rocks! :)

haha if I get in, I'll pay you to scoop mine's poop :laugh:

Hey did anyone check out Imperial Towers? What are your thoughts about the place?

DO Sigma Nu guy said:
Hey did anyone check out Imperial Towers? What are your thoughts about the place?

I crossed it off because it doesn't allow dogs but I have heard good things about it.

Hi all. First, congrats on getting into PCOM c/o 2010! I currently live in Fairmount Terrace Apartments, which a block down the street Greenbriar and Imperial. It's about a mile away from PCOM, if that. The apartments are pretty roomy and comfortable. The manager is crazy but living here is nice and quiet. I'm currently trying to get out of my lease, though, because I'm moving into a house in the city that my friend's dad bought. Management won't let me out of it unless I recommend this place to someone and they sign a lease. Studios go for $650 and 2 bedsrooms go for $925-995. Please let me know if you're interested, you could find a place to stay and do me a big favor at the same time.

p.s. dogs are allowed