Looking at experiences section of already submitted application

Jan 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
So I already submitted my application, but I wanted to add in some more shadowing (finally found a DO to shadow) and I was going to add that into experiences by basically copying my previous shadowing submission exactly and just adding this in to make an update. I want to make sure that I put the exact same stuff and for some reason the copy I saved is completely missing the shadowing entry but has everything else (is this a problem??!) so I don't know how to check to make sure it is the same. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can see exactly what I wrote in the listing. Thanks!

pr3m3d3r

2+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
So I already submitted my application, but I wanted to add in some more shadowing (finally found a DO to shadow) and I was going to add that into experiences by basically copying my previous shadowing submission exactly and just adding this in to make an update. I want to make sure that I put the exact same stuff and for some reason, the copy I saved is completely missing the shadowing entry but has everything else (is this a problem??!) so I don't know how to check to make sure it is the same. I was wondering if anyone knows how I can see exactly what I wrote in the listing. Thanks!
So I'm pretty sure you're in kind of deep here if you really want to just edit overtop of what you submitted because, as I'm sure you're aware, you can't edit a lot once you've submitted. If you really have a need to add this in I would probably call your schools and ask them how they would want that information. In most secondaries that I've received as well, it has a "What isn't in your AACOMAS application that you would like us to know" section. That could be a good way out for you.

OP
P
Jan 21, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
So I'm pretty sure you're in kind of deep here if you really want to just edit overtop of what you submitted because, as I'm sure you're aware, you can't edit a lot once you've submitted. If you really have a need to add this in I would probably call your schools and ask them how they would want that information. In most secondaries that I've received as well, it has a "What isn't in your AACOMAS application that you would like us to know" section. That could be a good way out for you.

Well, my plan was to just make a new experience submission. What's wrong with that? The specific problem I am having is that I don't remember exactly how many hours I put for avg. weekly. So i'm wondering if there is a way I can see this.

pr3m3d3r

2+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2016
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Well, my plan was to just make a new experience submission. What's wrong with that? The specific problem I am having is that I don't remember exactly how many hours I put for Avg. weekly. So I'm wondering if there is a way I can see this.
This is such an easy fix what am I thinking.... Go to "View my status" on AACOMAS. Click on any of the schools you applied to and view the PDF that's listed. It has every single bit of information you submitted. It has hours and everything.