Looking for a PGY-1 Pathology opening ANYWHERE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
K

Kannen1979

HI, I am a traditional rotating intern who just did a pathology rotation and loved it. I would like to go into pathology and I am looking for ANY pgy-1 opening in pathology or pathology research starting THIS July. I do not have a job for July as of the moment.

Thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

i tried to post the 2008 Match Outcomes by State data, but the file is too big. There you can find which programs did not fill. Perhaps one of them would be willing to let you start their program this year. At this point I can't think of anything better than simply cold-calling program coordinators, seeing if they still have any unfilled spots, and if so would they consider signing you for the 2000-2009 academic year. If you want the file (or if someone knows how I can post it), PM me and i'll be glad to send it to whatever email address you'd like.

hmm why the heck would you think to post here for this. Just curious. I doubt residency directors peruse this site and pm to desperate sounds posts with offers of employment...

Members don't see this ad :)
Because residents who are transferring might see the post and reply. Because residents might know of fellow residents transferring out of their programs. Because residents might know of other programs with vacancies. SDN wasn't the way I found my new program but it was at least worth a shot.

It's going to be a lot of work, but I think your best bet is to starting calling / emailing programs around the country. If you're really in the Chicago area, it may be worthwhile to go visit some of the local programs.

Your best bet is probably to consider less competitive programs. The worst that could happen is that you just wind up taking a year off & applying next year. If you can't do that, maybe you can do family medicine for a year? I'm sure some of those programs will have openings.

----- Antony

Thanks for the advice. I have made a LOT of phone calls over the past few weeks! :)

I had a FM spot lined up (signed contract), but I lost it, they kinda bullied me out of it after I asked them for a pathology elective and (somewhat foolishly) expressed an interest in pursuing Pathology. So know I have no job for July 1! I have lined up some part-time research and I will be working with a dermatopathologist to publish some cases, but neither of these are paid...

Thank you to everyone who PM'd me with info. I'm headed to Penn State!

Congrats! I'll see you there...
Joe

HI, I am a traditional rotating intern who just did a pathology rotation and loved it. I would like to go into pathology and I am looking for ANY pgy-1 opening in pathology or pathology research starting THIS July. I do not have a job for July as of the moment.

Thank you.

not a good time at this moment.