Looking for a specific immunology book/text/pdf (the name of it, not the actual book for sale, etc.)?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ArteryStudyPainting

Artery: The study of painting
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for a specific basic science immunology book. It is NOT "made...simple". I remember it was a very quick read, and the author was very funny and simple in his overviews, etc. An example would be that he would straight up have parts of the book that say, "you know, this isn't relevant and is so stupid that people think you need this level of detail. I refuse. Here's the gist, you know, the things you'll actually use in practice".

It was very cutting, pertinent, straight-to-the-point, and provided a great overview of immunology and I for the life of me find it.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking for a specific basic science immunology book. It is NOT "made...simple". I remember it was a very quick read, and the author was very funny and simple in his overviews, etc. An example would be that he would straight up have parts of the book that say, "you know, this isn't relevant and is so stupid that people think you need this level of detail. I refuse. Here's the gist, you know, the things you'll actually use in practice".

It was very cutting, pertinent, straight-to-the-point, and provided a great overview of immunology and I for the life of me find it.
I have a feeling you're referring to "How the Immune System Works" written by a man named Lauren Sompayrac who's quite awesome (if that's the one you mean)

Reactions: 1 user
I have a feeling you're referring to "How the Immune System Works" written by a man named Lauren Sompayrac who's quite awesome (if that's the one you mean)
You are 100% right. My M1 and M2 are very thankful for you lol.

Reactions: 1 user