1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Looking for advise (dont worry its not a what are my chances post)

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by TiBore, Oct 18, 2001.

1. TiBore

TiBore Member
    7+ Year Member

I met with a representative from an Osteopathic School today at my school. When I told her that I applied to both osteopathic and allopathic schools, she seemed really pissed. I tried to explain to her that osteopathic was my first choice and that the only reason that I applied to any allopathic schools was that the D.O. I shadowed encouraged me to apply. I live in Illinois and I guess I have a way better chance getting into a allopathic school since we have so many of them and they favor instate people. I guess my question is, did I screw my self out of my first choice because I applied to allopathic schools. Does any one have any experience with this; your help is much appreciated

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. PalCareGrl

PalCareGrl Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    No, I don't think you screwed yourself out of it, but you will be asked to explain why you applied to both at any DO interviews you get. Just tell them the truth, that you were encouraged to do so to improve your chances of being able to stay in the area and become a physician. They just want you to be able to explain it, from what I've heard most admissions committees understand that you just want to increase your chances of becoming a physician, just emphasize your interest in osteopathic medicine and you should be fine. :) Best of luck!