Looking for an MCAT study partner or group for Summer 2010 MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

whyNX

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm preparing to take the MCAT this August and was looking for a partner or a small group who could benefit from a little motivation and support, like me. I work full time and try to spend every spare moment (evenings + weekends) studying.

I live in the D.C. metropolitan area and would be up for any method of studying - whether meeting up at a library, or aim/gchat works better.

Pleeease let me know if you're interested. You can also PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are planning on applying this upcoming year I think you are wasting your time because it takes 30 days to receive your score and assuming everything else in your application is ready to go, schools wouldn't receive everything until September. By that point, you either need a miracle or a 40+ on the MCAT to get in somewhere. I would try and take it sooner.

Hey Ashan! I added you to my aim buddy list and gchat list as well. I'll give you a holler whenever I see you on.

LegitBoss4Life, you're just a barrel of optimism aren't ya!? Haha, jk - thanks for the bit of personal advice. I am aware that the admissions process is rolling and that taking a later test date does begin to limit your chances some. Needless to say, I still plan on taking it in Aug, and applying this upcoming year. I know of friends who took the late summer MCATs for matriculation the the following year, and got in, and I'm pretty sure none of them got 40s, which leads me to believe it is possible.

The whole process in general is a crapshoot, no matter when you submit your finished primary application. The best thing to do is a utilize networking and have a plan B, all of which I am definitely doing.

...as well as praying for that miracle!