Looking for BEST MCAT test prep/study guide

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tatum30

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm about to buy one of those snazzy all-inclusive test prep packages and have no idea which I should get. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks!
tl

Members don't see this ad.

Doesn't everybody.
Check out the SN2ed guide that's on stickied on this sub-forum. There are suggestions given based on how well you know the material, how much of a refresher you need, and how much time you have till the expected test date.

Reactions: 1 user
The all in one books are not as good as the specialized books. Don't waste time on a big book that could be spent on better practice materials. Also, as already mentioned, the SN2ed plan is outstanding. I had access to pretty much everything and I worked through all of the materials to find the best for me. In the end, it was exactly what SN2ed recommends. The only caveat I'd suggest is that you do the BR materials before EK materials, because I'd get really frustrated at the short answers in EK. After BR you'll really understand the concepts and know how to answer questions, so you won't mind not having explanations for EK questions because you won't need them.

SN2 has a great discussion of prep material. I firmly believe that TBR Gen Chem and Physics can't be beat. TBR Bio is great for passages, but absolutely useless for content review. MCAT Bio is becoming more and more about critical thinking and less about content, so EK is more than enough in my opinion. TPHR Verbal is probably better than EK, but it doesn't hurt to have both.

Members don't see this ad :)
The best study guide is the one that you customize for yourself, depending on your needs. Sn2ed's is good but there are also others. Either way, you should look around and tailor your own, depending on how much time you have available and your level of knowledge.

The best study guide is the one that you customize for yourself, depending on your needs. Sn2ed's is good but there are also others. Either way, you should look around and tailor your own, depending on how much time you have available and your level of knowledge.
+1