Looking For Help on How to Prepare For Casper Test!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldpremed38

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I am scheduled to take the Casper test in about 10 days. Is there a go to website or resource where students go to prepare for the test. Can a poor performance on the test make or break my chances of receiving an interview invite?

Any help on how to prepare for the test would be greatly appreciated!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Watch MMI videos and practice/improve your typing speed. Be empathetic of both sides of the argument and offer reasonable solutions. There's no real way to prepare for Casper and there's no way to fail it unless you write something egregious.

No one knows how schools use casper scores, but the general consensus is that a poor performance won't break your app. Just don't make yourself look like a sociopath. It's just another cash grab.

Watch MMI videos and practice/improve your typing speed. Be empathetic of both sides of the argument and offer reasonable solutions. There's no real way to prepare for Casper and there's no way to fail it unless you write something egregious.

No one knows how schools use casper scores, but the general consensus is that a poor performance won't break your app. Just don't make yourself look like a sociopath. It's just another cash grab.
Thanks so much for all this great advice (and all the other help you have provided me)! I will definitely utilize your advice.

Reactions: 1 user
The problem with Casper is that you don’t know your score so there is no way to judge if you do well or not. I’ve heard try to think clinically and try to provide answers that don’t portray yourself as black and white on subjects.

really though speed typing helps a lot. there are tests you can do for free to kind of see where you are in that regard, try to find one that doesn’t penalize for typos or spelling since those don’t matter in the Casper test. I think I was close to 65 WPM which left me with more than enough time to review all of my answers before submitting.

Members don't see this ad :)
The problem with Casper is that you don’t know your score so there is no way to judge if you do well or not. I’ve heard try to think clinically and try to provide answers that don’t portray yourself as black and white on subjects.

really though speed typing helps a lot. there are tests you can do for free to kind of see where you are in that regard, try to find one that doesn’t penalize for typos or spelling since those don’t matter in the Casper test. I think I was close to 65 WPM which left me with more than enough time to review all of my answers before submitting.
Thank you very much for this advice! I do not type terribly fast so I will work on that and also attempt to think clinically when I answer the questions. Every bit of advice means a lot to me because I know extremely little about CASPer.

I took it in late May, and I would say typing speed is important so that you can get your point across. Definitely take the sample test, it will give you an idea of the test structure. Otherwise, there is a page I think in the FAQ part of the homepage that describes how the test is scored which helped me understand what was important. The best practice is to be authentic and do not try and fabricate an answer that you think they want. There really is not a way to prepare, the test is designed to analyze who you are, not what you know.

Don't pay for any resources. People will freak out about this test so much they shell out hundreds for prep courses which I think is insane. Just work on typing do the practice test on Casper's website and don't be a sociopath and you will do just fine...