1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Looking for Human Extracted teeth

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Yazoal2K, May 12, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yazoal2K

Yazoal2K Junior Member
    10+ Year Member

I wonder if there is any agency in the states that sells human extracted teeth, I talked with an Oral Suergon and he said he'll save me some, but I think an agency would be better in term of Saftey packing, any Ideas????!!!!

K.Hussein

2. katiw

katiw Member
    5+ Year Member

Why would you want human teeth?

3. aggie-master

aggie-master Scrub
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    I was boxing with my nephew and knocked one of his teeth out on Saturday.

Post your address and I'll send it to you.

4. JRogoff

JRogoff Resident Palatal Phallacy
    7+ Year Member

Dentist
    To replace the ones that fall out silly!

5. Calculus1

Calculus1 G.V. Black Fan
    7+ Year Member

Because a lot of schools (unfortunately, mine is no exception) require you to bring in a bunch of extracted teeth for dental anatomy and some operative practice from what I understand. When you get in to school, they'll send you a letter with a bunch of that stuff on it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. TalulaJem

TalulaJem Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah, I was just wondering that, myself. I need to collect some for school. also.

7. Dr.BadVibes

Dr.BadVibes Membership Revoked
    Removed

Why did you specify human?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. natush

natush Member
    10+ Year Member

I hate the fact that I should go and find teeth anywhere. My school did not give me any references where I can go and find teeth, so I went to some dental offices. Well, one of the dentists refused to take my biohazard jar and promised five teeth from that day's schedueld extractions. The next day when I came back to pick up these teeth, she told me that four people did not show up and the fifth came out in pieces( :( ). Then, I found one dental office in Yellow Pages which " do all kinds of dental procedures"(this is what was written in the YP), well, they apparently did not perform extractions.
    I found it very frustrating looking for "75-100 and more" teeth, and it definitely interferes with my studying( I have to spend time looking up dental offices, calling them and going there).So, currently I decided to postpone my teeth collection(start again in a few weeks after I am done with my undergrad classes). Do you think that two months is enough to collect the teeth?
    good luck to everybody ;)

9. claudiadent

claudiadent Member
    5+ Year Member

natush:

What school are you going to this year? I will be attending Tufts in the fall and we also have to collect extracted teeth. I am having the same hard time as you. Though we only have to collect at least between 24-36 teeth. Am going to try to collect more though.

Claudia

10. drPheta

drPheta Some random guy
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    The best thing you guys can do is just hit up 3 or 4 oral surgeons. I doubt there are any agencies that sell natural teeth, since the sale of body parts tends to be illegal.

11. Bickle

Bickle future NYC taxi driver
    10+ Year Member

Try mugging the toothfairy. :)

Seriously, best bet is to go to an oral surgeon. They'll hook you up.

12. comatose

comatose Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

When you all become dentists, don't be some of these damn dickhead dentists who refuse to help you out. I hate those sons of biatches.

13. drPheta

drPheta Some random guy
    10+ Year Member

Dentist
    Word. But then again, many of them are just watching their backs and don't know that we're requested to collect teeth and can have them donated to us with proper disinfection and such.

14. natush

natush Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi Claudia,
    I will be attending OHSU starting this coming August. They sent me an e-mail telling that I shoud collect 75-100 teeth and the more the better because we will be using them till our third year. It is hard to find teeth when you do not have many friends/dentists but I am so exited about starting the dental school that these problems do not really bother me. I would rather collect teeth than wait one more year to be accepted
    Congratulations on your acceptance at Tufts( I've heard it is a nice school) :) :p .
    I think it is a good idea to ask several oral surgeons for help( Thanks drPheta ) :rolleyes:

15. littlelf

littlelf New Member

Hi there,
    I actually just asked my dentist for teeth and she gave me about 20 teeth already in a little jar of bleach water. Tufts also suggested going to a local ER and asking for teeth (strange, but I guess it could work).

Good luck!

16. claudiadent

claudiadent Member
    5+ Year Member

littleelf;

ARe you going to Tufts? I finally got an oral surgeon to collect some teeth for me. I don't know how much or for how long they will be collecting it. I just hope it is enough.

Thanks guys for all your help!

See some of you in the fall!

Claudia:)

17. Dr.BadVibes

Dr.BadVibes Membership Revoked
    Removed

Wouldnt oral surgeons all have the same type of tooth defeating the purpose of collecting teeth for identification purposes?

18. DoctorSaab

DoctorSaab Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    This self tooth collecting business sounds very unprofessional. Wicked.

19. PERFECT3435

7+ Year Member

Dentist
    wish someone had told me i needed to collect teeth earlier.

i work in a dental office and am still having a hard time collecting them. for some reason, we haven't been doing much extractions lately and most of them are so bad that i doubt i could even use them.

20. littlelf

littlelf New Member

Claudiadent-
    I sure am going to Tufts :)

21. acharya

acharya New Member

Attending Physician
    I can supply you with enough of human teeth from india.Tell me the requirements like anterior, premolar,molar,upper,lower etc.&how i should pack &send it.If intrested mail me
    [email protected]

22. tinman831

tinman831 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Administrator Dentist Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Dentist
    First this thread is over two years old. Second, I think you might have some issues trying to get your package through customs.

23. dexadental

dexadental 1K Member
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Just go to a bunch of periodontist, oral surgeon, and dentist offices. It really isn't that hard to collect teeth, the quality is the issue however. Just picked up mine for next week, from 8 different offices. Had a jar filled from one oral surgeon (I bet they are all wisdom teeth but have no clue...they're just really big) and a couple jars from dentists. It looks like all the teeth I got from the two periodontists were decayed and encrusted in a brown/yellowish mass of guck. Lovely huh? Either way, you can see why they were extracted, and also see the restorations and attempts to save them. Kinda neat.

24. li1p0ptart

li1p0ptart Member
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    you guys are funny.
    USC is requiring THREE HUNDRED. =/

25. SoulPower

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Please don't bump a ten year old thread that hasn't been posted in in 2 years.

26. 7 Iron

5+ Year Member

Dentist
    Wow, this was started in 2000. This thread is a piece of history.

27. zzyyfff

zzyyfff is
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Actually, I'm glad it got a bump. Now I've got a serious question:

Do schools still ask incoming dental students to collect teeth? If so, I'll start now! I'm sure other students would appreciate an extras if I get too many.

28. quillow

Yeah, they still ask incoming students to collect teeth. At my Pitt interview, they even told us to start collecting teeth -- I hope that means we're all in! :rolleyes:

29. zzyyfff

zzyyfff is
    2+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Thanks! Somehow it feels really nice to have a dental project unrelated to applications; I'm going to get right on this and hopefully have a surplus for others by the time I matriculate. :banana:

30. DATanimelover

Pre-Dental
    Wow this thread keeps resurrecting

31. Alpha Centauri

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    The OP of this post is either dead or making 400 grand a year and living like Larry the Lobster

Mrhyde likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.