Looking for info about current issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hippias

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good sites that have background info on current issues in health care? I'm especially looking for unbiased information on stem cell research issues.

Members don't see this ad.

couple suggestions -

1) hit the library, I've read 3 good books recently on this topic, one was by Andy Kessler "rebooting your doctor" or something, another was called "survival of the sickest". I think the 3rd was titled "the future of healthcared" All were written by MDs within the past 2 yrs.

2) wikipedia was good for ethical issues, do a search on "medical ethics", I found info on stem cell, eugenics, etc. there.

Members don't see this ad :)
CNN is great for current events in health care, but I'm looking for something along the lines of history or backgrounds, something that explains why something is an issue, not just what the issues are.
Thanks for not posting google though!

Getting ready for an interview?

That's part of it, I would also like to know what I'm getting in to.
Btw, I'm in GA too. Going to be trying for early decision at MCG at the end of the year.
Also, GO DAWGS

Hey Hippias,

MCG is a good school. Anywho, from the sound of it you could really benefit from spending a few days shadowing physicians in several different fields. Most healthcare providers are disgruntal (especially the older ones) and they tend to share their take on healtcare with anyone who is intersted in listening.

Also, keep reading the first pages of NEJM and you should do just fine.

Healthcare has gone through significant changes since the 80's and we should expect even more changes in the next 50 years.

GL.