1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Looking for job w/ clinical experience in Southern CA

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by PrincessCKNY, Jun 19, 2002.

1. PrincessCKNY

PrincessCKNY Crown Royal Member
    7+ Year Member

Sorry to bother you guys, but I just wanted to get the word out to as many people as possible.

I just graduated from UCI and am now on a job hunt during my year off while I apply to medical school, but am having TERRIBLE luck. I cannot do benchwork because I just plain stink at it, which is why I am looking for something with clinical experience, patient-contact, or lots of interpersonal contact (ie. teaching, counseling, etc.).

I've looked for jobs at UCI, UCI Med Ctr, St. Joseph Hospital, Hoag Hospital, and CHOC. I have even looked into Teacher's Assistant positions at various school districts w/- luck.

I need a job ASAP since I know secondaries are just around the corner. If you have any leads, or would like to look at my curriculum vitae please let me know. [email protected] Thanks.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. encee

encee Member
    7+ Year Member

I did clinical research--which I really enjoyed while I applied. I would call Hospitals in the area and ask if there are clinical research positions--like clinical trials coordinators. You can even look at the ASCO (Clinical oncology) website or at the end of the journals for info on available positions. Is there a children's hospital in the area? With a lot of academic research going on nearby UCI, perhaps you can call a few physicians affiliated w/ UCI (in the field of medicine you are interested in) and ask if they have clinical trials ongoing. Usually positions are open, especially for motivated people. It does require a bit of searching to find them though! Good luck!