Looking for opinions as I write my PS...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlatypusMD

Psy?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in the process of writing my personal statement, and from many of the examples I've read, there always seems to be a focus on a few salient examples.

I'm a bit different from most pre-med students since I only made the decision to go premed mid-Junior year. I was hoping to write my personal statement more as a introspective story that explains how my time in college changed the direction I wanted to take with my career. Do you all think this is a feasible approach?

I am far from done, but if anyone wants to read what I have so far and comment, that would be greatly appreciated too

Thanks all!

Members don't see this ad.

There is a whole thread somewhere devoted to people who read PS :D Let me try to find it ...

I'm in the process of writing my personal statement, and from many of the examples I've read, there always seems to be a focus on a few salient examples.

I'm a bit different from most pre-med students since I only made the decision to go premed mid-Junior year. I was hoping to write my personal statement more as a introspective story that explains how my time in college changed the direction I wanted to take with my career. Do you all think this is a feasible approach?

I am far from done, but if anyone wants to read what I have so far and comment, that would be greatly appreciated too

Thanks all!
That's a completely legitimate way to plan out your personal statement. I recommend reading through Depakote's Personal Statement Guide/Tips as well as the tips in the next link for further commentary on planning the structure of your Personal Statement. Various users have volunteered their time to read and edit others' statements and listed their credentials in the 2011-2012 Personal Statement Reader's List as well.

Members don't see this ad :)