Looking For Opinions on Which Medical School Admissions Consulting Service That I Should Utilize???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

oldpremed38

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I wish to potentially apply to DO medical schools in May of 2020. Since the application process is so competitive and intense, I felt that I may greatly benefit from utilizing a medical school admissions consulting service. If anyone on this board has utilized a medical school admission consulting service, I would greatly appreciate your recommendation on which specific company that I should use. Is there a consensus company that is considered the best? Any input from personal or second hand knowledge would be greatly appreciated. I found a website that has a long list of medical school admissions consulting companies. If anybody has used any of the following companies (or any other company), I would greatly appreciate any feedback on which company that you may consider the best to use:

Members don't see this ad.

I personally do not have any experience, however I feel writing your own application and going through this process will help you on interviews and in the long run.

Members don't see this ad :)
It’s good to be thinking about this stuff so early. But you could read online what you’re competitive for or if that’s too hard just legit just post your stats on this site and we’ll tell you free of charge. There’s multiple med students and a doctor in this thread who could probably give you better advice for free.

Edit:checked your post hx. You’re getting good advice in another thread. Honestly your app is pretty good for most DO schools minus ccom/azcom and a few others. Just apply broadly and use sdn to pre write your secondaries.

Last edited:
Just use SDN, reddit, YouTube for advice. Don't let the anxiety of the application process get to you. Just focus on yourself and putting out the best app you could muster :)

I used a consulting service, but only because I am very non-traditional and I needed guidance that was much more tailored to my story. I would only recommend this for someone in a similar situation to me. It is NOT necessary for a traditional student or someone that is mildly non-trad (like 1 or 2 gap years).

If I didn't write my own essays, I'd feel even less prepared and more nervous for my interviews.

Savvy Premed has a lot of free resources + 1 free advising session. I think they have scholarships for their paid services too.