Position Wanted Looking for PGY-3 Internal medicine position

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bageera

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have completed 2 years of internal medicine residency. Unfortunately my contract was not renewed as I have not taken step 3 during the first 18 months of residency due to personal illness. I have already taken it now and passed on first attempt. I have excellent LOR from the PG and department attending chiefs of ID, Nephro and PULM crit. Meanwhile I have been doing medical research.

I think I have a good chance to land a position, problem is I have not seen an opening since january this year for PGY3 IM positions on FINDARESIDENT and RESIDENTSWAP.

I sincerely would like help to find such a position and also if there is any additional resources I can utilize.

Best regards

Dr. Mustafa Mustafa

Members don't see this ad.

I have completed 2 years of internal medicine residency. Unfortunately my contract was not renewed as I have not taken step 3 during the first 18 months of residency due to personal illness. I have already taken it now and passed on first attempt. I have excellent LOR from the PG and department attending chiefs of ID, Nephro and PULM crit. Meanwhile I have been doing medical research.

I think I have a good chance to land a position, problem is I have not seen an opening since january this year for PGY3 IM positions on FINDARESIDENT and RESIDENTSWAP.

I sincerely would like help to find such a position and also if there is any additional resources I can utilize.

Best regards

Dr. Mustafa Mustafa

Check inforesidency.com. There are always PGY-2 and above spots for other specialties; maybe one will pop up for IM.
Also, if you haven't done so - use your attendings' contacts, if possible + email IM programs around your area/geographic region. A lot of programs won't advertise their openings, but if you email them, they'll let you know.
Best of luck!

Check inforesidency.com. There are always PGY-2 and above spots for other specialties; maybe one will pop up for IM.
Also, if you haven't done so - use your attendings' contacts, if possible + email IM programs around your area/geographic region. A lot of programs won't advertise their openings, but if you email them, they'll let you know.
Best of luck!
will do, thanks