looking for quality, inexpensive undergrad shools in houston area...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AUS4

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Could be relocating to Houston by spring 2009 , are there any schools, I should be considering to finish my undergrad. My major is Exercise Science.

Thank You

Members don't see this ad.

Well, I am not from Texas but Rice University has a good reputation, at least in Texas and the South. It is pretty good academically, but I am not sure about the price. The football team is not so good, so if you are into football, do not go to Rice. If you are into parties, Rice is not your best bet. But I am not an expert on Texas, so just check out Rice and make your own decision.

I think Rice is too expensive, according to their website.

Members don't see this ad :)
Houston Baptist University is another option--don't know about what majors they offer, and obvious religious affiliation if that matters to you..TSU probably has some kind of exercise science degree, but they are going through legal difficulties at the moment that are probably best steered clear of..I think that university of houston is probably your best bet--it's actually quite a good school, just not known that well outside of Texas, and is sort of a commuter campus