Looking for research positions in the Houston-Sugar Land area. Where to look?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Saf1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an undergrad, and I'm really excited to do some sort of research during the summer, but I can't seem to find any place that's offering it. I checked at my university (University of Houston), but many of their positions were already filled by the time I finally got down to it and sent my resume (shouldn't have waited until AFTER I finals).

Anyone know a good place to look? I'd be really interested in working with a hospital doing research, but really any lab or organization would be fine, especially if it's related to the Health field.

Members don't see this ad.

Any ideas?

I would look anywhere in the TMC. Go to departments/research areas of interest and contact the P.I. by email and see if something may become available.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sorry, but I'm still new to this and not really familiar with those terms. TMC? PI?

I'm sorry, but I'm still new to this and not really familiar with those terms. TMC? PI?

Texas Medical Center - Hundreds of research opportunities.

PI - Primary Investigator; The person "in charge" of each research project.

Thanks. I'm not sure why I didn't realize you meant the Medical Center x_X

I don't mean to sound really stupid about this, but what exactly would be the best way to find their contact info? Should I visit random research buildings there, or is there like a Med. Center website with a lot of it, or..?

Baylor College of Medicine does a lot of basic and clinical research, and looks great on an application.