Looking for school list advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdhopeful2023

Reaction score
Hello all,
I am 27 years old I am a Nontrad I have been working as an RN in an ER since 2016, my undergrad wasn’t too good it was filled with 2 semesters of W’s and the first semester of my sophomore year was all F’s. I retook all of those courses, sophomore year I had a 3.8 after retaking those courses and throughout nursing school I had a 3.98 with a single A-. After nursing school I was accepted into an NP program but withdrew after realizing it wouldn’t fulfill me like becoming an MD would. I took the rest of my needed courses at a CC and had a post bac gpa of 3.8. Currently my cGPA is 3.46, sgpa according to MD schools is a 3.27 and for DO is 3.61. MCAT was 505. I have roughly 100 of shadowing and well over 3000+ clinical hours. I am white and TN resident. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you

Members don't see this ad.

Your best chances will be at DO schools. However, you could receive interviews at your state MD schools so apply to East Tennessee and U Tennessee. For DO schools I suggest these:
DMU-COM
ATSU-KCOM
KCU-COM
MU-COM
ACOM
UP-KYCOM
WVSOM
CUSOM
ARCOM
NYIT-AR
UIWSOM
CUSOM
VCOM (all schools except Monroe)
LECOM (all schools)
AZCOM

Would LMU be a bad choice? I am from a small town above Knoxville and have been born and raised here. I was considering PCOM and Nova. I graduated from a small university in NC that was very close to Campbell and have family that live there if that would help me at all for them. @Faha

Last edited:
Would LMU be a bad choice? I am from a small town above Knoxville and have been born and raised here. I was considering PCOM and Nova. I graduated from a small university in NC that was very close to Campbell and have family that live there if that would help me at all for them. @Faha
Go to the LMU school thread on SDN. The PCOM schools are also good choices. With your location you should receive an interview at East Tennessee.