Looking for some salary info...western PA hospitals

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JTM09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Greetings fellow RPhs--

I'm looking to relocate to western PA (Johnstown area) and am wondering the salary range for staff hospital practice.

Salary.com lists the average RPh wage in that area at about 103k.

Anyone have first hand knowledge if this range is accurate?

thanks in advance--

Members don't see this ad.

W PA hospitals pay crap.

I worked in Fayette County and made a palty $90k. UPMC starts people out at $36 an hour. Mon Valley pays about $38 an hour, but with pension. Over $100k isn't terrible, to be honest. The best place to look is Excela health hospitals. Greensburg's hospital is nice as hell...great staff...nice facilities...impossible to get on. The applicant pool is as big as the line for free crack night in Homewood.

Johnstown is in the middle of nowhere, though...yikes.

Members don't see this ad :)
yea western pa hospitals dont pay that hot

that figure you listed is actually pretty good although the rph i know make 80-90+ differential shift pay thing

but johnstown pa? damn you better like video games or something to keep yourself entertained

yea western pa hospitals dont pay that hot

that figure you listed is actually pretty good although the rph i know make 80-90+ differential shift pay thing

but johnstown pa? damn you better like video games or something to keep yourself entertained

one thing at a time...gotta find a job first

I'm doing retail now and would love to get out. But if I need to stay in the game then so be it.

where are you from? are you from PA?

PM me if you want to keep it confidential

as some1 who has experience in the general PA area, you gotta be careful and do your hw....a lot of these places are infested with petty politics, the pay is not up to par, the weather blows (especially NW PA), and tech quality can be touch and go (hardly any interns, and not many of these places have residencies except at the big cities).