Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Travelling via handbasket
Status
Attending Physician
The good news is that it's early October and 2/3 of the schools I applied to haven't rejected me!!! Nevermind that I haven't gotten secondaries from all the schools I've applied to yet (most notably, one of my state schools), but I've still got 12 shots at med school!! Yippee!!!

The bad news is that I have been rejected by 1/3 of the schools that I've applied to. Nothing I can do about them now except wallow in my ever expanding pool of self pity. eh...wallows in self pity are overrated. Must concentrate on 12 remaining schools...wish me luck!!

Wahoo07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
Status
Don't worry Sweet Tea, I'm sure you have a shot at all the schools you're applying to. :) I just want Oct. 15 to hurry up and get here. :D

About the Ads

DW

Fix me some sandwiches
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 9, 2002
A stone's throw from Central Park
Status
Medical Student
oh, sweet tea. you're gonna be allright buddy, how many times do i have to keep tellin ya this? :D

OP
Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
thanks, y'all are great.

seriously, i'm not that bummed. okay, i'm a bit pissed at the entire state of virginia (sorry, wahoo), but i can get over that. it's all good. :D

GoodMonkey

sproutmobile
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2002
banging your head against a wall burns 150 calorie
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Originally posted by Sweet Tea
okay, i'm a bit pissed at the entire state of virginia (sorry, wahoo), but i can get over that. it's all good. :D
i think it's funny that we get mad at entire states/cities/municipalities/imaginary kingdoms when the local med school shuts us down. :laugh: i did the same thing when i got a poopy letter from pritzker - i was all "screw you chicago" but then got an interview at NW and then all 180-degree-turn loved chicago. i just got a laugh out of the "pissed at the entire state of virginia."

giggling out loud at the computer while at work always draws some interesting looks from the folks around me who think i'm working....

OP
Sweet Tea

Sweet Tea

Girl Next Door
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 28, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
i'm just pissed at virginia b/c i was born there and lived there for 14 years and they don't seem to want me back. but i've moved on the better stats-- I'm a Carolina Girl now.:D

there is absolutely nothing wrong with giggling out loud at work. in fact, it should be encouraged. happy people are more productive people, so giggle away!! :laugh:

Wahoo07

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2002
Visit site
Status
Sorry that Virginia isn't giving you any love. :( But pocwana is right...it only takes one, and I'm sure NC will be good to you. ;) Good luck!!

lola

Bovine Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2002
california
Visit site
Status
now that the mcat scores are in, i'm ready for this process to begin. bring on the rejection letters and hopefully at least a few interviews!! :D

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 20, 2001
Visit site
Status
Originally posted by lola
now that the mcat scores are in, i'm ready for this process to begin. bring on the rejection letters and hopefully at least a few interviews!! :D
AMEN sista. Especially about the latter part. :D I just wanna hear from schools one way or another. I don't care about this whole waiting game. :(

About the Ads