Looking to add schools to my list!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeductivePants

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all. So I have been getting this nagging feeling that I need to add more schools to my application. Is my list ok, or should I add more? I am open to going anywhere in the country.
  • Year in school: Graduated/completed Post-bacc
  • State of Residence: California
  • Social Background: White
  • Schools: Case Western, UCLA, Drexel, Duke, Dartmouth, George Washington, USC, Loma Linda, Loyola Stritch, Mayo Clinic, New York Medical College, Oregon Health and Science, Rosalind Franklin, University of Arizona (Tuscon and Phoenix), UCSF, UC Davis, UC Irvine, UC Riverside (I am from the IE and am currently an EMT here), University of Wisconsin, Brown, Western Michigan
  • cGPA: 3.61 sGPA: 3.43 (Massive upward trend)
  • MCAT: 520 (130, 131, 128, 131)
  • Research: I lived in Nicaragua for three weeks and conducted two animal behavior/field ecology studies during my time there. I devised the studies and carried them to completion. My results did not get published. Also, 200+ hours in an Alzheimer's lab, no pub put two posters.
  • Volunteering (Clinical): 150 hours patient transport (my first ever hospital experience). 300 hours volunteering on multiple floors including MICU, ER, and radiology. Lots of patient contact and allowed me to informally shadow doctors and residents. Also was able to perform chest compressions multiple times.
  • Shadowing: 30 hours shadowing orthopedic surgeon (This is the part of my application I'm most worried about)
  • Non-Clinical volunteering: 100+ hours preparing meals in homeless clinics and delivering meals in Skid Row, 100+ hours tutoring underserved high school students in SAT, 50 hours mentoring elementary school children
  • Extracurricular activities: I was a member of marching band, Latin Jazz Big Band, symphonic band, and performed in a number of student-run musicals. I play the trumpet. I was also an actor in a student film competition. I was a mentor and founding staff member in a premed organization on campus.
  • Employment history: UPS Driver Helper for the holiday season, 100 hours. EMT running 911 calls and interfacility transports, 1000+ hours.
  • Specialty of Interest: Radiology and Emergency medicine, but I am open to anything

Members don't see this ad.

Alright, I will replace those with other schools. I am not Adventist, so I am a bit iffy about Loma Linda. I go to their medical center often for work and really like it, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Alright, I will replace those with other schools. I am not Adventist, so I am a bit iffy about Loma Linda. I go to their medical center often for work and really like it, though.
Have you looked at the Student Handbook?

Yes, and I am well aware of the stringent code of conduct.

I do embrace it. My personal lifestyle will not be affected, and I really respect their mission and their commitment to upholding it.

I do embrace it. My personal lifestyle will not be affected, and I really respect their mission and their commitment to upholding it.
Then you are good to apply to LLU.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users