Littlemantate

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Well I am pretty sure by today, according to a few PDs that the PDs rank lists are pretty much done and set-which means our fates our decided, providing you are finished your rank list-oh well, lets hope and pray. Considering I only ranked 3 programs and only 1 program I really want to go to and the other 2 not really-woops!

MushieCookie

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Well I am pretty sure by today, according to a few PDs that the PDs rank lists are pretty much done and set-which means our fates our decided, providing you are finished your rank list-oh well, lets hope and pray. Considering I only ranked 3 programs and only 1 program I really want to go to and the other 2 not really-woops!

what specialty did you apply for?

Benbin

10+ Year Member
Jan 15, 2007
Status (Visible)
If you really do not like some progrm, better do not rank them. Are apply for IM or other specialty. Generally, 3 IV are not bad # though

About the Ads

mmed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
If you really do not like some progrm, better do not rank them. Are apply for IM or other specialty. Generally, 3 IV are not bad # though

If you have only three interviews, rank them all. Any program better than nothing

medgirl81

PGY1
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
If you have only three interviews, rank them all. Any program better than nothing

No, it's not. I'd rather scramble than spend years at a program I dislike, or take time off and try again.

mig26x

15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Miami, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
As someone that has gone through the scramble I can say that its an experience NO ONE should go through even if you hate the places that you interviewed at!!

EaglesPA

10+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
No, it's not. I'd rather scramble than spend years at a program I dislike, or take time off and try again.

I'm definitely ranking all the programs I interviewed at as I very sure that I would be much happier at my 10th ranked program which I chose to apply to and interview at, than any program that might have openings left for the scramble.

mig26x

15+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2004
Miami, FL
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I'm definitely ranking all the programs I interviewed at as I very sure that I would be much happier at my 10th ranked program which I chose to apply to and interview at, than any program that might have openings left for the scramble.

exactly.

The scramble has fewer and fewer spots available every year, the fax machines are always busy and the phone lines too!!

I decided to take the year off and Im doing an MPH in EPi at UF. Its been a pretty good experience!!!

mmed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

Just start any where, to move from one place to another is much easier than scramble. And if you did not match in a place you like in the main match, do you think you can match in it in the scramble.

Littlemantate

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 10, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It is not that I only got 3 interviews but I also only applied to 6 places and got 5 interviews and chose to go to only 3 of them based on my highly selective criteria of location/family etc.

I am doing psych but as you think it is not competitive-the good programs are surprisingly competitive-its not rads but still not as easy as I thought-anyway I would be happier at one of the 3 than scrambling, it is just not that I would be excited about number 2 and 3 but still ok with it. Good luck all1

mmed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
It is not that I only got 3 interviews but I also only applied to 6 places and got 5 interviews and chose to go to only 3 of them based on my highly selective criteria of location/family etc.

I am doing psych but as you think it is not competitive-the good programs are surprisingly competitive-its not rads but still not as easy as I thought-anyway I would be happier at one of the 3 than scrambling, it is just not that I would be excited about number 2 and 3 but still ok with it. Good luck all1

Not to scare you, but anything could happen, it is like gambling with nothing guaranteed. A lot of stories about high competitive candidates who underestimate it and did not match anywhere. Good luck

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.