LOR advice for GS (US MD student)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bpperry

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, looking for some advice on my letters situation. I had 2 letters uploaded to ERAS before Oct. 1, but my 3rd writer has essentially fallen off the grid after saying she'd be happy to write me a letter back in early August. I've applied to 34 programs, with a mix of academic, hybrid, and community programs.

Step 1: 239
Step 2 CK: 254

I've gotten 8 invites so far, which I was happy with, but I've heard nothing in the last week. Is my lack of a 3rd letter preventing me from getting invites at a lot of places? I've gotten mixed opinions from other students and faculty. I'm currently on an away rotation and I know I can get a solid letter from the PD... just wondering if I need to expedite things.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

It is possible that not having a "complete" application could get your application placed into a separate pile... I would probably try and speed things up and get that third letter in if I were you. The fact that you have 8 interviews already is obviously a good sign though.