LOR and reapplying predicament

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Maldito

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I submitted my primary on 6-24, so I am still waiting for it to be verified, but I am almost complete with several of the secondary applications. My second science letter will not be submitted to AMCAS until the earliest being August 1st since the professor decided to go on vacation without telling his students.

I am reapplying this cycle and have a LOR from the same professor from last year, but he rewrote it to be stronger this time. I do not know if I should submit last year's letter since I have it saved on Interfolio or wait until I can get the stronger letter.

So, it's a toss up between earlier submission using the same LOR (not as strong) or later submission with an updated, stronger LOR. Anyone have any advice?

Members don't see this ad.

I submitted my primary on 6-24, so I am still waiting for it to be verified, but I am almost complete with several of the secondary applications. My second science letter will not be submitted to AMCAS until the earliest being August 1st since the professor decided to go on vacation without telling his students.

I am reapplying this cycle and have a LOR from the same professor from last year, but he rewrote it to be stronger this time. I do not know if I should submit last year's letter since I have it saved on Interfolio or wait until I can get the stronger letter.

So, it's a toss up between earlier submission using the same LOR (not as strong) or later submission with an updated, stronger LOR. Anyone have any advice?

If you can get the new letter in before August I'd say its worth it to submit the stronger letter.

Nope, August 1st is the absolute earliest.

Members don't see this ad :)
Any idea when you will be verified? If it is around the time of the new letter being available I'd just wait. A strong letter is always desirable and even though you have completed several secondaries, you can't submit them anyway until you are verified.

It looks like they're verifying applications submitted on the 17th right now, so I would have to wait another week til July 24th. At that point I would have one more week and perhaps I could submit without the letter, and by the time they actually look at my application, I could have the letter submitted. Does that sound reasonable? I am guessing I won't even get in line though until I have all my letters in and it's marked as complete. That would probably be early August.