1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

LOR (committee is irritating me)

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by tinydancer1987, Jun 5, 2008.

1. tinydancer1987

2+ Year Member

Hi Everyone!

So, as I posted earlier...I got verified on June 3rd. Was very happy about this...until I get an email from my health professional committee saying the earliest they will accept requests for the LOR to be sent out is JULY 1ST?! :cool: Umm...did this just completely cancel out the benefits of applying early for me? Grrrr...when do adcoms start reading? August 1st? I'm going to insist on the letter being sent out as soon as possible in July.

Any thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DDSguyLA

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    commitees SUCK... atleast at my school.
    I just send seperate letters to AADSAS from each instructor. All were recieved fine.
    ps. I don't think there is a difference between commitee letter vs. individual letters.

4. MonchichiMan

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    Be grateful I guess, my committee wouldn't send out letters until August last year. IT shouldn't make a difference as long as everything else is in. At least they can start transcript verification which takes 4-6 weeks anyway. Then it will all be ready about the same time to send out. Best of luck.

5. s1refrosty

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    i think i posted this earlier, but your application should be sent to dental schools from AADSAS even before you get your LOR in.

6. doc toothache

10+ Year Member

Dentist
  7. ttom

2+ Year Member

It's ok if your committee send out the LOR late. Make sure you send in the AADSAS. Dental schools understand that committee letters are usually late, that's because committee letters are much nicer than the usual LOR.

8. litldime

Moderator Emeritus 5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    I would send out my application and then when aadsas gets your letter, they will send it out. July 1st isn't bad at all. Hang in there. I became the committee worst nightmare last year and it paid off. Those people in the office knew me because I didn't take any crap and wanted a definate timeline. lol