LOR Dilema

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Crito

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a wonderful former professor/mentor who has guided me though 2 years at a CC. He offered to write me a letter of rec to have on file if I ever need one. I was completely honored, and accepted.

On Friday he showed me the letter.

Content wise, its perfect. Everything one would want in a stellar LOR. However, it is about 1 paragraph long, and has some grammar issues.

I'm torn on what to do. Since he offered, I figured its not a 'I'll just write one to get her off my back' type of letter. Still, I don't want to approach him and say, 'thanks for the letter, let me fix the grammar', since I am so grateful for his help and support.

I've thought about it for 2 days, but can't figure out what to do. Do I accept and never use it? Do I ask him to re-write it?

Members don't see this ad.

Absolutely do not ask him to re-write it. His grammar will definitely not be used against you. So you're fine. I think you should be thankful you got a stellar LOR and move on.

Reactions: 1 user
Short and concise can be golden

Members don't see this ad :)
Leave it be.

Reactions: 1 users
Awesome! Thanks for the input!

Would any of the adcom members, like @gyngyn , be willing to comment as well?

Awesome! Thanks for the input!

Would any of the adcom members, like @gyngyn , be willing to comment as well?
We see this a lot. As long as the content is good, just keep putting together the strongest possible ap (including letters from University profs).