LOR Due date

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wisco

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Quick question, so I already asked all the people I am going to be getting LORs from but I am confused at what due date I should tell them. I looked on past threads but nothing said an exact date. I am planning on taking the August 6th MCAT and wanted to submit my application by the beginning of July. Do I need to wait for my LORs to come in, in order to submit? Or do I submit them with my secondaries? Thanks for your help in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello all,

Quick question, so I already asked all the people I am going to be getting LORs from but I am confused at what due date I should tell them. I looked on past threads but nothing said an exact date. I am planning on taking the August 6th MCAT and wanted to submit my application by the beginning of July. Do I need to wait for my LORs to come in, in order to submit? Or do I submit them with my secondaries? Thanks for your help in advance!

Ask now and give them about 2-3 weeks to write one. You're going to have to periodically remind them to send the letters in, though.