LOR expiration dates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

west nile

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So here is the deal, I am currently a sophomore at a california community college getting ready to transfer to a UC in fall 07. Should I get a couple LOR's from instructors now or just wait until at least next year when I will be closer to applying to med school? I have read on this forum that some schools only accept LOR's which are less than a year old, any truth to this?
Also, is it a good idea for me to use interfolio.com as my community college probably does not have a LOR service, that is if I should get LOR's this year.

Members don't see this ad.

You should get one now and KIT with your professors and ask them for one later that way if they don't remember you for a reason you can show them the letter of recommendation and they can write a fresh one for you. Though, I am not aware of the less than a year old policy...so...hmm...

You should get one now and KIT with your professors and ask them for one later that way if they don't remember you for a reason you can show them the letter of recommendation and they can write a fresh one for you. Though, I am not aware of the less than a year old policy...so...hmm...

I agree. Get one now so that they can just change the date of the original.