LOR from a surgeon

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TurkSurg

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I shadowed a surgeon in Europe 8 hours a day for 3 weeks (~120 hours; weekdays only). Sometimes we even ate lunch together, so I think he knows me well by now. Should I ask him for a LOR? Because some people in the forum say "don't get a LOR from who you shadowed for a short period of time". I mentioned him about the LOR in the last couple days and he said he would love to write one.

Members don't see this ad.

I shadowed a surgeon in Europe 8 hours a day for 3 weeks (~120 hours; weekdays only). Sometimes we even ate lunch together, so I think he knows me well by now. Should I ask him for a LOR? Because some people in the forum say "don't get a LOR from who you shadowed for a short period of time". I mentioned him about the LOR in the last couple days and he said he would love to write one.

120 hours is a LOONNNGGGG time.

If he wants to write you one, why not go for it?

120 hours is a LOONNNGGGG time.

If he wants to write you one, why not go for it?

Well, true. I just wanted to make a new thread and ask this question since some people think 3 weeks is a short period of time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well, true. I just wanted to make a new thread and ask this question since some people think 3 weeks is a short period of time.

:thumbup: I agree with Trexate. 120 hours of shadowing is 92 in human years. Go for it if you think he'll write a good letter.