LOR from professor...looking for opinions on my situation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lilchinoboy03

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all, so my 2nd year I was going through some hard times and actually got a D in a lower div. bio class. The professor was probably one of the hardest and the class is probably harder than some upper divs. Anyway, I came back the next year and aced the class, over 100% in the class (too bad he didn't give me the A+). So I was thinking of TAing for this professor. Yes his tests are hard, but he is one of the most sincere and caring professors I've seen in the bio department. If I do get the TA spot, do you think it'd be a smart move to have him write me a LOR that explains how I didn't do so well the first time, but came back and did great, then ended up TAing for him...or something along those lines. Any input on this would be appreciated. I'm just looking for opinions on what you guys think about it. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

you're freaking out a little bit. if you aced it the second time around, you're money. but if you really want to explain what happened, it's better for that prof to write you a letter-as it would be better if he explained it instead of you explaining it. i had the same done for organic chemistry.