Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

LOR help for pharmD student applying to MD/DO

Discussion in 'Osteopathic School-Specific Discussions' started by tabbycatdontcur, 05.20.14.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. tabbycatdontcur

tabbycatdontcur pharmacy world →medical word 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey so I just finished with my P1 year of pharmacy school, but am applying to medical school. I was just wondering who I should get to write my LOR because most schools don't specify from what level of institution they should come from. Should I ask my undergrad profs or my pharmacy profs or a mixture of both? I have been out of undergrad for 2 years now so I am not sure what that dynamic would look like (a student coming back 2 years later to ask for more rec letters may not be too appreciated). Do medical schools care if all my institutional recs come from pharmacy school and not undergrad? I am in a more unique case than the average med school applicant so there isn't as much info out there.

any ideas/advice?

thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. tabbycatdontcur

tabbycatdontcur pharmacy world →medical word 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    crap, I'm sorry for posting this here. can someone move this to the normal threads that aren't school specific :)

About the ads