1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

LOR help for pharmD student applying to MD/DO

Discussion in 'Osteopathic School-Specific Discussions' started by tabbycatdontcur, May 20, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. tabbycatdontcur

tabbycatdontcur pharmacy world →medical word 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Hey so I just finished with my P1 year of pharmacy school, but am applying to medical school. I was just wondering who I should get to write my LOR because most schools don't specify from what level of institution they should come from. Should I ask my undergrad profs or my pharmacy profs or a mixture of both? I have been out of undergrad for 2 years now so I am not sure what that dynamic would look like (a student coming back 2 years later to ask for more rec letters may not be too appreciated). Do medical schools care if all my institutional recs come from pharmacy school and not undergrad? I am in a more unique case than the average med school applicant so there isn't as much info out there.

any ideas/advice?

thanks

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. tabbycatdontcur

tabbycatdontcur pharmacy world →medical word 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    crap, I'm sorry for posting this here. can someone move this to the normal threads that aren't school specific :)

About the ads