Suey

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2003
Visit site
Status
I emailed a a past prof and asked if he would be willing to write a LOR. He responded within a day and said he'd be happy to help, so I email him back when he'd be able to meet so he can get to know me more personally and I can give him the necessary info (CV, etc). I didn't received a response within a week, so I recently emailed again, and I still haven't received a response! What should I do?? I don't want to keep on emailing him because I don't want him to get irritated and I don't know when he's in his office so I can't just find him in person. Or should I just try to find someone else to write a LOR since he doesn't seem to be responsive anymore?? I'm confused on what to do, any help is appreciated. :confused:

dopaminophile

nerd extraordinaire
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2004
Status
Suey said:
I emailed a a past prof and asked if he would be willing to write a LOR. He responded within a day and said he'd be happy to help, so I email him back when he'd be able to meet so he can get to know me more personally and I can give him the necessary info (CV, etc). I didn't received a response within a week, so I recently emailed again, and I still haven't received a response! What should I do?? I don't want to keep on emailing him because I don't want him to get irritated and I don't know when he's in his office so I can't just find him in person. Or should I just try to find someone else to write a LOR since he doesn't seem to be responsive anymore?? I'm confused on what to do, any help is appreciated. :confused:
I bugged the hell out of my recs to get them to turn in their letters on time. It worked though, they turned them in and I got into some good schools. I don't think they'd be so petty as to write you a bad rec because you had the nerve to call them to remind them. They know what it's like. Call them.

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
you never know. his computer might be messed up or something. I'd look up his office hours and go to them. gluck!

UCdannyLA

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2004
Visit site
Status
Question,

Does a science laboratory course count as a science class? I took a 6 unit lab course (Molecular, Cell Biology laboratory) for my major...and I want to get a recommendation from the prof...would that count as a recommendation from a science course ? sorry for the stupid question!

DocPimp

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 22, 2005
Status
I'd go with yes.. it is still a science course

virilep

What can Brown do for u?
15+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2004
Visit site
Status
UCdannyLA said:
Question,

Does a science laboratory course count as a science class? I took a 6 unit lab course (Molecular, Cell Biology laboratory) for my major...and I want to get a recommendation from the prof...would that count as a recommendation from a science course ? sorry for the stupid question!
they definately count.