LOR hold up on secondary submision

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wahed

Tilapia
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've already got 3 LORs submitted to AMCAS and transmitted to my target schools. I am sitting on 11 secondaries ready to turn in, but I am waiting on one more LOR which I should have within a week. I'm starting to wonder though, is waiting for this letter worth the time that is passing? I've always heard it's better to be early.

The letter I'm waiting on is from my boss at a clinical job where I just got a promotion. Should I just submit the 11 secondaries with only 3 LORs (2 professors and a PI), or wait and submit them with the 4th letter from my boss?

Members don't see this ad.

I've already got 3 LORs submitted to AMCAS and transmitted to my target schools. I am sitting on 11 secondaries ready to turn in, but I am waiting on one more LOR which I should have within a week. I'm starting to wonder though, is waiting for this letter worth the time that is passing? I've always heard it's better to be early.

The letter I'm waiting on is from my boss at a clinical job where I just got a promotion. Should I just submit the 11 secondaries with only 3 LORs (2 professors and a PI), or wait and submit them with the 4th letter from my boss?
Earlier is better. And "should have" isn't a guaranty. Submit the 11 secondaries with the 3 LORs that are already-received.

Reactions: 1 user
Thank you guys for your input. The letter has not been assigned yet so I think I'll just wait a few days and submit what I've got if I don't have the letter yet. If I get it a few days later, I'll just assign and send it at that point.