LoR Interfolio problem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amikhchi

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have a LoR packet sent from my pre-med advisor to interfolio earlier this year, and I tried sending that to amcas for the 2010 app cycle but i was given an error that the amcas letter id was incorrect, but I doublechecked it and I am using the Letter ID from my new 2010 amcas, I don't know what to do to fix this, i'm going to ask my advisor to send in another letter with the attached request forms and maybe that will help but anyone else encounter this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I have the same problem as well. All of my ID numbers are correct and I've tried to send it electronically twice. Got error emails both times. Don't know exactly what is going on. Can anyone help?

I had the same problem. This morning I sent my letters again, even though my IDs were correct the first time.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wouldn't it be easier to send your LORs to AMCAS instead of using interfolio?

A few of the schools I'm applying to aren't using the new amcas system, so it's easiest for me to have all the letters in interfolio and send them the amcas and to the other schools.

No, I mean, can't your school directly send them to AMCAS, and then have AMCAS send it to the schools you applied to (that don't participate in the new LOR system)? Or have been just been using Interfolio?

No, I mean, can't your school directly send them to AMCAS, and then have AMCAS send it to the schools you applied to (that don't participate in the new LOR system)? Or have been just been using Interfolio?

AMCAS won't send them to schools not participating in the service. So, you either have to get your professors to send those letters out again to your schools once they request them, or you can have a centralized system like Interfolio or VirtualEvals sent it to BOTH AMCAS and the schools who don't participate in the AMCAS system.

Just got an email from interfolio. They said that AMCAS wasn't ready to get LORs on May 5 and may not be ready for another week (I think this only applies to electronically sent LOR). If you've already sent the LORs via interfolio, you don't have to send them again even though they said there was an error.