LOR issues

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TejasMed2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i had one of my writers use interfolio from the start but the other two did not. One of them had not sent letters yet so he will upload his to interfolio. The other had already mailed them to AMCAS and the Texas Service (for which I always forget the abbreviation). But I am applying to schools that do not use the AMCAS to receive LOR (which I still don't understand why they don't as it would be substantially easier). Any way I don't really won't to email or call the guy back and ask him to go ahead and upload the letter to interfolio any way as I am going to be applying to schools that do not use AMCAS service but I definitely do not want to ask him to mail the letters to seven or eight different schools. Do I have any other options?

Do I have to mail my letters to every school I apply to and receive secondaries for or will AMCAS and TMDSAS do that for me?

Edit: I went back and bolded my question becuase I realized the rest of the post was kind of confusing and hard to read...thanks in advance for the replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
TMDSAS sends your letters for you. Don't worry about those.

Your AMCAS letters will only have to go to schools that you get secondaries for, and sometimes only to schools you interview at. You will have to send those yourself.

Your LOR writer can mail the letter to Interfolio.