1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

LOR logistics question..

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by willow18, Nov 14, 2005.

1. willow18

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    A doctor whom i'm doing research with wrote me an LOR and I need it sent to 15+ schools. Does he have to print and sign 15 letters or are copies ok? Also, do all the envelopes have to be sealed/signed if they're coming from him?

My school already sent my 'committee' letter so they can't handle this one.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. hmmm. I'm not sure. Although, if it was me I would have the recommender send out 15 original letters. Perhaps, you could check if the schools will take copies...or consult an outside letter collecting service...

Good Luck.

Angel

4. lattimer13

lattimer13 good boy!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    my undergrad had a prehealth professions office that held the original letters from the writers and then we just emailed them w/ the name of the school and they would make copies of the letters and mail them out...only cost was for stamps.

so copies of the original would be fine.

5. notdeadyet

notdeadyet Still in California
    Moderator 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Most schools disregard unsealed letters of recommendation.

6. willow18

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Oh boy. I hope he has a rubber stamp.

7. 10yearmedic

10yearmedic Member
    5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Do everything for him in advance. Make copies of the letter, and have preprinted envelopes for every school you are going to send them to. Take him a latte, and ask him to sign the letters. As he signs them put them in the envelope, seal it, and have him sign the back. If he thought highly enough of you to write the letter in the first place, he probably won't mind signing a few copies if you make it as simple as possible for him.

8. N1DERL&

N1DERL& HP4!!!!
    7+ Year Member

So your school won't make copies of the new LOR and staple a quick letter stating that this additional letter is for your file? That sucks!

10yearmedic has a good plan. All your doc will have to do is just sign 15 times and mail em.

9. willow18

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I guess i'll do what 10yearmedic says, prepare everything beforehand... About the pre-printed envelopes, I was under some impression that the envelope has to be "official stationary" so I wasn't sure about that, but I guess i'll just print his name/address as the return address.

They probably would do it, but I don't have classes this semester, and it's a pain to go down there, besides, I need these things out asap. I'm already complete at most schools for some time now.