LOR mostly science?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Noeljan

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey girls/guys
Do you think it is a problem if 5/6 of my LOR's are from science courses? (the one from Organic also includes research, bc I also worked in my prof's lab). I do have one from a nursing prof. with whom I had three courses and clinical rotation.
Let me know any opinions about this.

Members don't see this ad.

Noeljan said:
Hey girls/guys
Do you think it is a problem if 5/6 of my LOR's are from science courses? (the one from Organic also includes research, bc I also worked in my prof's lab). I do have one from a nursing prof. with whom I had three courses and clinical rotation.

That shouldn't be a problem, assuming that your 6th one is from a non-science professor. I think most schools only require 1 non-science one anyway. I have 3 science profs, 1 religion prof, and 1 doc for my LORs.

Noeljan said:
Hey girls/guys

It all depends on your school. Are you using these six letter to give to your undergrad's pre-med recommendation committee? At my school, the 'committee' requires at least 6 letters. Three of these must be non-science, 3 must be science. Most students end up using 8-10 letters though. They stress a "healthy balance" between science and non-science letters. Hope that helps! :)

Noeljan said:
Hey girls/guys

don't think it should be an issue, but just be aware that if you aren't compiling these with a premed committee, some schools will limit the amount they will accept