Aug 29, 2009
Kansas City
Status
Medical Student
So I was looking over requirements for LORs at schools I will be applying to and many of them say they need a letter from my Premedical Advisory Committee. I go to KU and I don't think we have one of these. I am in the school on engineering and I see an advisor; however she is not a pre medical advisor, she is just my engineering advisor. Anyway, my question is, what do I do.
As far as letters I have 1 letter from my manager who is a nurse practitioner, 2 letters from physicians who I have shadowed and I will have 1 letter from one of my engineering professors (possibly 2 if I decide to ask another). What do I need to do if I don't have a committee letter?

LizzyM

the evil queen of numbers
10+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2005
Status
Academic Administration
So I was looking over requirements for LORs at schools I will be applying to and many of them say they need a letter from my Premedical Advisory Committee. I go to KU and I don't think we have one of these. I am in the school on engineering and I see an advisor; however she is not a pre medical advisor, she is just my engineering advisor. Anyway, my question is, what do I do.
As far as letters I have 1 letter from my manager who is a nurse practitioner, 2 letters from physicians who I have shadowed and I will have 1 letter from one of my engineering professors (possibly 2 if I decide to ask another). What do I need to do if I don't have a committee letter?
http://www.medadvising.ku.edu/letters.shtml