LOR on a plain sheet of paper

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UHS05

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this sounds like a silly question...so please humor my ignorance :oops:

I have a great LOR written by an IM preceptor that is primarily a hospitalist, but also on faculty at my medical school...this person has previously taught at UCSF, MCW, and Brown, and has written an awesome letter that I wanted to use. However, being primarily a hospitalist, he chose to print it out on a plain sheet of paper (i.e no letterhead). he did sign with his official title and rank though. I was going to ask him if he'll print it out on the school or hospital letterhead, bu he has gone on sabbatical. Do you think I should still use the letter or does it reflect poorly for some insane reason. Anyone with any similar weird experiences??? :confused:

Thanks in advance...

Members don't see this ad.

while its a bit odd of him to write on plain letterhead, I think its fine. To begin with, they can always call him if in doubt, and he's probably had some experience at doing this if he has the background you mention.

stephew said:
while its a bit odd of him to write on plain letterhead, I think its fine. To begin with, they can always call him if in doubt, and he's probably had some experience at doing this if he has the background you mention.

Thanks again...I know it sounds kinda weird, but I'm going to go ahead and send it in anyway....
:thumbup: