LOR Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

djquickfingers

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello...long time lurker, first time poster...I was wondering about the LOR process and how to go about getting them to the schools, especially if you're applying to multiple schools. Do you just give your recommender a stack of postage paid envelopes with addresses and ask them to mail them out, or do you send them out yourself...I am planning on applying to quite a few schools and don't want to overwhelm my professors with 20 envelopes to send out...what is the correct process or any advice? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

djquickfingers said:
Hello...long time lurker, first time poster...I was wondering about the LOR process and how to go about getting them to the schools, especially if you're applying to multiple schools. Do you just give your recommender a stack of postage paid envelopes with addresses and ask them to mail them out, or do you send them out yourself...I am planning on applying to quite a few schools and don't want to overwhelm my professors with 20 envelopes to send out...what is the correct process or any advice? thanks

This really depends on your school. For example, at my school we have our recommenders send our letters to the pre-med office. The office then makes copies and sends them to all the schools we applied.

You should really ask your advisor what students have done in the past. Also, I know a few people on here use Interfolio. I have never used it but from what I hear, it worked well for them.

Yup, definitely use Interfolio. Your school probably has a letter service too, but Interfolio is generally more robust and flexible.