LOR professor no longer works at my school

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rubbercleat

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been out of school for 4 years. One professor who is writing a science LOR for me has left academia and is now in industry.

Is it okay if her letterhead is of her current company?
When entering her in my application, should I list her as a professor at school X or a researcher at company X.

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

My old PI is now working at Harvard. I filled out her info so it says Harvard (for obvious reasons).

For your situation, I would input "school X". Profs usually keep old letterheads, if not, they could explain the situation to the school and obtain one.

My old PI is now working at Harvard. I filled out her info so it says Harvard (for obvious reasons).

For your situation, I would input "school X". Profs usually keep old letterheads, if not, they could explain the situation to the school and obtain one.

lul

I don't think it's going to matter one way or another. Your professor will likely mention that he/she worked with you in an academic setting within the letter.

Members don't see this ad :)

That's like me mentioning that my PI was a Yale graduate. It's not relevant because you are applying, not your PI. Anyway, whatever floats your boat.

That's like me mentioning that my PI was a Yale graduate. It's not relevant because you are applying, not your PI. Anyway, whatever floats your boat.

I would assume that a letter holds more weight if it comes from a reputable person (a more reputable school makes a person seem more reputable on the reputableness scale).

FYI, the real reason I put her info as Harvard is because I'm currently researching with her through HMS. Also, having a LOR from Harvard sounds badass.

I would assume that a letter holds more weight if it comes from a reputable person (a more reputable school makes a person seem more reputable on the reputableness scale).

FYI, the real reason I put her info as Harvard is because I'm currently researching with her through HMS. Also, having a LOR from Harvard sounds badass.

lol_monkey-12920.jpg