LOR question

medicaldoctor041815

Apr 3, 2020
  1. Pre-Medical
    Hi all! I just had a question about getting a LOR from a physician. I’ve been shadowing this family medicine doctor for a while now, and I think she’s gotten to know pretty well. I’d like ask her to write me a letter of recommendation. I’m only going into my second year of undergrad so there’s definitely a lot of time before I actually apply. I’d like to ask her to write it now while her impression of me is fresh on her mind. Is there any service that I can use to upload this letter so that I can access it for future use? I don’t think I’m allowed to see the letter officially right so I can’t just save a copy on my laptop. Just want to make sure I’m doing things right! Thank you!

D

deleted1040417

Look up Interfolio. Be sure to keep the letter 100% confidential and be sure to send the physician the LoR guidelines so adcoms don't toss it just because it's missing a letterhead or something significant.

gonnif

Rule One: Take a Breath
      10+ Year Member
      Gold Member
      Jul 26, 2009
      The Big Bad Apple
      1. Non-Student
        Look up Interfolio. Be sure to keep the letter 100% confidential and be sure to send the physician the LoR guidelines so adcoms don't toss it just because it's missing a letterhead or something significant.
        just FYI

1) the confidentiality requirement is only one way. That is, the student waives the right to demand to see the letter. The physician or other letter writer is perfectly free to give it to the student if they choose
        2) shadowing letters typically have little impact on an adcom and very few MD schools require or recommend one

Reactions: 1 user
        About the Ads
        This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.